The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Monday including Forbes, Axel Springer, MidCap Financial LLC, Goldman Sachs and others.
Giorgio Olivato, vice chairman of a foundation that is Monte Paschi's largest shareholder, has resigned from office for unknown reasons. Sources, however, said that Olivato opposed the foundation's plan to sell its stake in the Italian bank.
The European Central Bank's attempt to reduce the excess liquidity levels of banks in the financial system had prompted the central bank to call on banks it had loaned to repay its debts at a reduced rate.
OAO Sberbank, under the leadership of CEO Herman Gref, had undergone layoffs as well as transitions to become one of the top banks in Europe, with interests in Eastern Europe and Turkey.
A USD1.4 billion settlement is being negotiated between Bank of America and Freddie Mac on the issues related to the repurchase of faulty mortgages sold by the bank to the mortgage lender.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Monday.
Dubai would be host to Eman Mansour's latest investment banking endeavor.
Extreme athletics showcase Nitro Circus announced it would become one with the touring company that helped produce its live programs.
Germany's coalition government formalized a measure to provide funds and expertise for a European bank to manage the loan agreements and if necessitated, closure of banks.
Deutsche Bank AG said that new rules would not foster business but in the past week alone it had agreed on a couple of business related loans.
The Stability Fund was created as part of the bailout package of UBS AG and now, it was time for the bank to pay back the fund under a given formula.
Two of the most active banks in the Gulf region, Standard Chartered and Citigroup Inc have decided not to support Etisalat's loan for the acquisition of Maroc Telecom.
The latest takeover bid was submitted by BNP Paribas SA for BGZ Bank in the Polish market that had seen mega million takeover deals in its banking industry.
Regulatory authorities are reviewing the capital buffers ING Groep NV for real estate financial loans prior to ECB testing to be conducted.
An internal inquiry is to be conducted by Lloyds Banking Group as to its foreign currency trading operations after being advised by the Financial Conduct Authority to review its processes and report irregularities.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- OUKITEL Introduces Several New Smartphones to MWC: 7.12”Waterdrop display,10000mAh Battery, and 5V/6A quick charge
- 6 Reasons to Get Workforce Management Software Today
- OUKITEL C12 Goes to Official sale at just $64.99, 6.18 inch notch display with 2GB/16GB Memory
- OUKITEL C15 PRO Will Come with 6.088”Waterdrop Display, Android 9 Pie OS and Support 5G wifi
- How Sales Recruiters Can Improve Your Team
- OUKITEL C12 Pro 3G Version C12 is Released with Notch Display and Stunning Price
- OUKITEL New Phone C13 Pro: Notch Display and Android 9.0 Pie OS
- OUKITEL C15 Pro leaks: Global First MT6761 Smartphone with Waterdrop Notch Screen