Raiffeisen Bank International had been drubbed by bad debts in its Eastern European business as well as insolvencies and restructuring in its home country of Austria.
The 'Lehman Weekend' was the height of the financial crisis five years ago and may be repeated if 'shadow banking' would be allowed to continue without regulatory action.
The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive for all EU members to recognize the Single Resolution Mechanism would be created after the German elections.
Lawyers of the European Union said the proposed transaction tax plan was illegal.
OGX Petroleo, Eike Batista's flagship company, may seek more financial assistance from bondholders to avoid seeking bankruptcy protection.
Indian banks are seeking to set up shop in Mauritius in order to gain from possible business the African continent would provide.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal that JPMorgan & Chase would be allocating USD 4 billion to strengthen its oversight controls.
UK banks would need another GBP50 billion on top of GBP13.7 billion to comply with both Basel III and Basel IV.
Analysts and pundits alike saw that private insurers who received state aid are reaping more benefits than they should.
Barclays said would spend GBP 1.4 billion to revamp its consumer banking unit.
Standard and Poor's analysts have criticized the practice of Scandinavian banks.
IberiaBank Corporation finalized the agreement that assumed the assets of Trust One Bank.
Several local and international banks come together to provide a loan facility worth USD880 million for Atlantis, The Palm.
Dangote Group president and Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote signed a loan worth USD3.3 billion with 12 local and international banks to fund a USD3 billion proposed oil refinery complex in Nigeria.
New policies are being instituted to make 'shadow banking' safer for market players, according to the European Union.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- OUKITEL Introduces Several New Smartphones to MWC: 7.12”Waterdrop display,10000mAh Battery, and 5V/6A quick charge
- 6 Reasons to Get Workforce Management Software Today
- OUKITEL C12 Goes to Official sale at just $64.99, 6.18 inch notch display with 2GB/16GB Memory
- OUKITEL C15 PRO Will Come with 6.088”Waterdrop Display, Android 9 Pie OS and Support 5G wifi
- How Sales Recruiters Can Improve Your Team
- OUKITEL C12 Pro 3G Version C12 is Released with Notch Display and Stunning Price
- OUKITEL New Phone C13 Pro: Notch Display and Android 9.0 Pie OS
- OUKITEL C15 Pro leaks: Global First MT6761 Smartphone with Waterdrop Notch Screen