A new joint venture had been announced Tuesday between Bild tabloid publisher Axel Springer and Korean electronics group Samsung, for mobile media including news.
StoreDot, the startup company producing nanotech batteries that can charge smartphones in 30 seconds, had acquired $18M funds from Samsung, Norma Investments and Singulariteam, totaling $66M. The new funding will be spent to charge electric cars.
Samsung officially unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 at a press conference in New York. The launching followed five successive falls in the quarterly profits of Samsung Electronics.
Digital payment app has become a trend and BlackBerry Messenger now allows its user to send money online by integrating with PayPal.
McDonald's is reinventing its dining service in one of its restaurants in England and other areas of America. They're providing tablets and kiosk for taking orders, and the meal will be served to customers' table.
Lens Technology is a $7.2B worth glass screen business in China. The company provides glass screens to top labels like Samsung, Windows and Apple and had made a public offer in March. It is owned and founded by Zhou Qunfei, the richest self-made woman in China who used to work as a factory worker.
Chipmaker Qualcomm Inc (QCOM.O) said it may break itself up as it delivered its third profit warning this year and announced plans to slash jobs and spending in the face of rising competition.
Apple, Inc. took a 92 percent share of the profits of the entire smartphone industry in the first quarter of 2015. This is despite the fact that Apple's iPhones only accounted for less than 20 percent of all phones sold within that period.
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC predicts a loss as it released preliminary results for the fiscal second quarter of 2015. The Company's campaign in the mid-tier smartphones competition is considered to be a major factor in their financial distress.
Samsung, the technology giant has announced its undisclosed amount of investment in France-based start up Sigfox, which has recently raised $115 million mega round in venture capital.
Last week, Asustek Computer Inc (Asus) chairman Johnny Shih in an internal company meeting had suggested that it may be a possibility to buy Taiwan-based smartphones and tablets manufacturer, HTC. However, HTC came out with its own statement on Monday, saying it will not consider a merger with Asus and also pointed out that no formal or informal talks had ever taken place in connection with the said acquisition.
China's smartphone market has reached saturation, according to a new study by industry analyst IDC that carries potentially significant implications for the global handset industry led by giants like Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS).
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) overtook Apple Inc (AAPL.O) to recapture the title of world's top smartphone maker by volume in the first quarter of 2015, research firm Strategy Analytics said on Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) has pulled out all the stops on its new Galaxy smartphones, but their modest prices compared to the latest iPhones throw an uneasy spotlight on the long-term cost of fighting Apple's (AAPL.O) premium branding.
China's Huawei unveiled its flagship P8 and P8 Max smartphones on Wednesday, devices that stack up against the latest models from Samsung and Apple in technical specifications if not marketing budget.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- Donald Trump, Unable to Pay Full $454 Million Bond Amount, Offers to Post $100 Million in Civil Fraud Case But Appellate Judge Denies It
- Melania Trump Spends Time in White House Negotiating Prenup With Former President Donald Trump
- U.S. And China Relations In Danger After Threat of Espionage and Economic Challenges