Procter & Gamble Co said it would sell its soap brands Camay and Zest to Unilever Plc for an undisclosed amount to focus on its faster-growing brands.
Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc (ATDb.TO) will buy smaller U.S. rival Pantry Inc (PTRY.O) for about $861 million, a deal that positions it as one of the top convenience store operators in North America.
The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has dropped one dollar since early May, the lowest price in more than four years, according to the Lundberg survey released Sunday.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) shares rose more than 7 percent in after-hours trading on Wednesday after the electric-car maker beat analysts' expectations for third-quarter results.
Toshiba Corp said it had signed an agreement with United Technologies Corp to strengthen strategic collaboration through their joint venture, Toshiba Carrier Corp, which develops air-conditioning equipment.
Japan's Tokio Marine Holdings Inc sees many attractive acquisition opportunities in North America, its chief executive said, even after spending more than $7 billion to buy insurance companies there in the last six years.
General Motors Co (GM.N) on Thursday said it is recalling 117,651 newer vehicles in North America because a possible manufacturing defect could cause an electrical short and increase the risk of a crash.
To capitalize on a flood of domestic and Canadian crude into the U.S. Gulf Coast, logistics giant Kinder Morgan Energy Partners is spending more than $1.5 billion in Houston to build the most flexible oil and fuel transport hub in the country.
Atlanta, US-based security software provider Damballa pocketed $13 million in venture funding from its existing investors to beef up its sales force and support its growth campaign in North America.
Mars Inc. announced on Wednesday that it would acquire the pet care brand names of Procter&Gamble in a deal valued USD2.9 billion, reported Reuters.
Plug Power Inc. acquired ReliOn Inc. in an all stock deal valued USD4 million, reported Reuters.
Tucson, Arizona-based destination marketing solutions provider Simpleview bought Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based customer relationship management (CRM) solutions firm Software Management Inc (SMI) for an undisclosed sum to expand its client base.
San Jose, Costa Rica-based healthy food startup Natural Sins sells baked snacks made of real fruits and vegetables in a bid to help fight obesity.
Illinois, US-based specialist packaging supplier Arpac added New York-based conventional palletiser manufacturer Lambert Material Handling for an undisclosed amount to increase its portfolio of packaging solutions.
San Francisco, US-based startup Spellgun launched today to bring Western mobile games to China's mobile market under a partnership with video game art outsourcing firm Concept Art House and Chinese firm Talkweb.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah