Southwire Co., one of the biggest electrical wire and cable makers in the US, has agreed to takeover smaller rival Coleman Cable for $492 million in cash. Southwire will also assume Coleman's debt, bringing the deal size to about $786 million.
As part of a $1.3-billion investment in five US plants, General Motors (GM) is pouring in $600 million in its oldest assembly plant in Flint, Michigan, to set up a state-of-the-art paint facility and other upgrades.
London-based leveraged buyout firm CVC Capital Partners Ltd told investors it plans to exit its remaining stake in North American travel chain Pilot Travel Centers LLC.
Women-led venture capital firm Illuminate Ventures closed USD20 million as its first fund to invest in cloud data, big data, analytics, software-as-a-service, and enterprise mobility startups in North America.
European private equity group 21 Partners agreed to purchase French pharmaceutical manufacturing company Synerlab from premium independent private investment firm Ardian for an undisclosed amount.
Hundreds of PlayStation fans braved the chilly weather in New York to line up and wait for Sony's midnight launch of the long-awaited PlayStation 4 game console.
Merz Pharma group recently bought Geneva-based aesthetics medicine specialist Antes SA for an unconfirmed amount in a transaction that would extend its product reach to North America
Food giant Nestle announced its intention to sell the bulk of its Jenny Craig business to private equity firm North Castle Partners.
After accumulating nearly 6% of total shares in Talisman Energy, Carl Icahn has prepared to provide direction as to sales of assets of the Canadian energy firm.
Google has 25% share in the internet traffic coming from North America.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- After Blackpink Renews Contract With YG Entertainment, K-Pop Agency Shares Spike 29%
- Charting Obstacles in Berner's Business Journey
- Trading on Terror? Israel Investigates Claims Some Traders Knew Hamas' Attack Plan and Profited off It
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges