According to a statement from NZ Finance Minister Bill English, nearly half of the IPO shares in Meridian Energy was already spoken for by New Zealand brokers.
A major retail chain in New Zealand was the subject of a phishing attack from overseas criminals.
In a bid to expand sales and revenues for its sale of shares, the NZ government allowed a two part installment payment plan for the purchase of the shares from Meridian Energy.
NZ Prime Minister John Key, despite the write down of key assets, expects to reach the lower end of initial targets for revenues for share sales of government owned interests.
After global food safety scare, Danone SA unit plans to take legal action against New Zealand's Fonterra.
The governments of New Zealand and Taiwan created the Pan Pacific Capital Fund, a joint venture capital which is the first of its kind.
Microsoft expressed its concern regarding the "Spying on Kiwis" Bill during a committee meet last Thursday.
Vodafone upgraded the New Zealand capital's wireless networks to 4G technology.
Microsoft announced that it already launched Bing Ads in Australia and New Zealand.
Chatham announced that the net proceeds they got from their IPO did not meet its expectations of US$4 million.
Equity analysts said that uncertainty over the future of state-owned utility companies could hamper its privatization.
Global equity firm Riverside company purchased a share in a New Zealand firm that caters to pharma companies.
Simcro sells Riverside Co enough shares for the American company to control it.
A New Zealand company submitted its offer to join a New Zealand-Taiwan venture capital fund.
New Zealand's Synlait Milk Ltd. planned a share sell off and an IPO to raise a total of NZ$120 million making it end the majority stake held by China's Bright Dairy.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- After Blackpink Renews Contract With YG Entertainment, K-Pop Agency Shares Spike 29%
- Charting Obstacles in Berner's Business Journey
- Trading on Terror? Israel Investigates Claims Some Traders Knew Hamas' Attack Plan and Profited off It
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges