GS Infrastructure Partners, controlled by investment bank Goldman Sachs Group, has sold its 49% stake in FRS Capital Corp., the ultimate parent company of SSA Marine. SSA Marine is one of the world's largest privately held port operators.
Altice, founded by French-Israeli phone-industry entrepreneur Patrick Drahi, seeks to raise €750 million ($1 billion) in an initial public offering at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange. Proceeds from the deal will be used to reduce its debt.
Australia-based private equity group Champ Ventures plans to exit its 42% stake in fleet management and leasing firm SG Fleet via initial public offering (IPO) by the end of 2014's first quarter.
LIG Insurance Co. has put up for sale a controlling stake of 20.96% in the South Korean non-life insurer to compensate investors for losses sustained after buying debt issued by its affiliate. It has hired Goldman Sachs Group to advise on the sale.
Wall Street banks including JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley have been calling on private equity firm Ares Management to go public soon. Ares, however, does not see the need for a public offering in the near future.
The probe of the European Union involving an underwater power cable cartel is a test of the regulators' ability to penalize private equity investors and their parent firms, Bloomberg reported.
KKR & Co and the private equity arm of Goldman Sachs Group Inc quietly exited their investment in US discount retailer Dollar General Corp on Wednesday in a stock sale valued at $252 million.
Investment bank Goldman Sachs Group will provide a $120 million loan to Warburg Pincus-backed warehouse firm e-Shang. e-Shang reportedly plans to go public in the next few years.
The over 900 pages of preamble and regulations regarding the Volcker Rule appeared to have excluded market-making activities of Wall Street banks, said a Bloomberg report.
Italian ski wear maker Moncler intends to price its initial public offering at €10.20 per share, the top of its earlier indicated range. The deal will reportedly raise €585 million to €681 million.
Tomkins Ltd. has began the process for an exit deal that could bring in at least USD6 billion to the British manufacturer. It reportedly hired Goldman Sachs Group to advise on its proposed sale or listing.
Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc trader Matthew Taylor was given a prison term of nine months for concealing an unauthorized USD 8.3 billion trading position in 2007.
Switzerland-based food group Nestle SA is divesting its Givaudan SA shares worth USD1.27 billion to institutional investors, according to a statement on the company's website.
Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc were hired by The Rubicon Project Inc to lead its IPO next year.
The Financial Supervisory Service of South Korea told Bloomberg it plans to punish the local unit of Wall Street firm Goldman Sachs Group Inc for breaking rules on the sale of financial products.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case