Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRKa.N) (BRKb.N) on Friday said third-quarter profit fell 9 percent as it took a large writeoff on one of its investments, but operating results easily topped forecasts amid improvement in its insurance, energy and railroad operations.
An influential U.S. senator wants to hold hearings into "disturbing" issues raised by secretly taped conversations between Federal Reserve supervisors and officials at Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N), a bank the Fed was tasked with policing.
The biggest refiner in Asia, Sinopec would sell 30% of its shares in its retail assets said sources familiar with the matter but asked not to be named as the talks were held private, reported Bloomberg.
IEX Group Inc, the trading platform that aims to protect investors from predatory trading practices, received a nod of approval from one of the largest traders globally, Goldman Sachs Group, Bloomberg News reported.
Enrico Gaglioti, the Global Head of Equity Sales of Goldman Sachs Group Inc, will be leaving his post, Bloomberg reported citing an internal memo from the firm's co-trading heads.
Leland Lim, a former partner at Goldman Sachs Group Inc, is planning to form his own hedge fund, according to sources with knowledge of the situation interviewed by Bloomberg.
Singapore-based Golvis Investment Pte, an investment firm founded by ex-Goldman Sachs Group managing directors, plans to make its Japan-focused hedge fund available to investors this quarter, according to sources interviewed by Bloomberg.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc is predicting a flood of initial public offerings to be held in South Africa as private equity buyers divest their investments, Bloomberg reported.
Sysco Corp's $3.5 billion acquisition agreement with US Foods has drawn the interest of US regulators over concerns that the deal could weaken competition in the industry, Bloomberg reported.
Investment bank Moelis & Co founded by Wall Street dealmaker Ken Moelis is planning an IPO together with Goldman Sachs Group Inc and others.
New York, US-based electronic trading firm Virtu Financial Inc filed confidential documents for an initial public offering (IPO), according to sources familiar with the situation.
Healogics Inc.,owned by private equity firm Metalmark Capital, is reportedly considering a sale that could value the wound care services provider at $1 billion. Goldman Sachs Group has been tapped to find a buyer.
Elliott Management Corp., a hedge fund run by activist investor Paul Singer, has made an offer to acquire network equipment maker Riverbed Technology Inc. for $3.08 billion. Riverbed was reportedly working with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in November on a potential sale.
US-based multinational banking and financial services firm JP Morgan Chase & Co purchased an equity stake in alternative trading systems operator Chi-X Global Holdings LLC for an undisclosed sum.
CEC Entertainment, which operates 567 Chuck E. Cheese's stores in 47 states in the US, is reportedly mulling over a possible sale to private equity firm. CEC has a market capitalization of around $760 million.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Man Killed by Vitamin D Supplements He Took for 9 Months; Coroner Calls for Side Effect Warning to Supplement Labels
- Hawaii Becomes the 4th State to Have Federally Funded EV Charging Station — And It's on Maui
- IRS to Go After 125,000 High-Earning Americans Who Did Not File Tax Returns Going Back to 2017
- Donald Trump, Other TMTG Bosses Accused in New Lawsuit of Trying to 'Drastically Dilute' Shares of Co-Founders
- IBM Seeks Volunteers for Layoffs, Targeting 80% Reduction in Worldwide Staff
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- IRS Reveals How Quickly You Can Receive The Child Tax Credit Upon Approval
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh