Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update for LG G2 Confirmed
LG G2 smartphones are confirmed to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow. T-Mobile has revealed the good news on its support page through a track list although there is no official release date yet.
LG G2 is finally getting the much-anticipated Android 6.0 Marshmallow update as T-Mobile revealed on its website in a track list with a few other phones as well from Samsung, Sony, Motorola, and HTC, among others. Flagship phones G3 and G2, as well as G Stylo, are also included on the list.
According to previous reports, the update will come this month or in December. The official over-the-air (OTA) release shall come when device is connected to Wi-Fi.
It is important to take note that the list unveiled by T-Mobile, one of the biggest mobile carriers in the US, is purposed to track the rollout of the update to its G2 devices. This means, the update will depend on the carrier and region. On top of that, exact release date has no confirmation yet.
Most G2 devices currently run on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, while G Stylo has just been updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Meanwhile, Android 6.0 Marshmallow was announced to debut on Google's own devices LG-made Nexus 5X and Huawei-made Nexus 6P, as well Android One phones.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow will bring the following features and enhancements:
- Doze Mode. This new feature screens phone and puts into a deep sleep when unused to prolong battery life.
- Now on Tap. Google Now get better function. Press holding the home button will show up Google Now and exhibits information based on current status or activity.
- Android Pay. By just a simple tap, bring up Android Pay and make purchases without the need to launch another app.
- Direct share. Share photos, links, news, files, etc. with selected contacts with ease and quickness.
- Simpler volume controls. Control ringtone and media volume spontaneously.
In another news, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update has been made available to G3 through a custom ROM made by TeamJB. Motorola, on the other hand, has confirmed 11 devices to pioneer the software upgrade.