UK-based growth capital fund Station 12 is raising $250 million (£150 million) for its new fund that will invest in the growth rounds of media tech startups in Europe.
San Francisco, US-based social music apps maker Smule scored $16.6 million in a new funding round led by Roth Capital Partners to develop its products and fuel its expansion into Asia.
RideScout, a transportation aggregating app that was previously available in Austin and Washington only, launched its service in San Francisco to help more people find the best route to get to their destination in real-time.
Ooomf changed its name to Crew and announced receiving USD2.1 million new funds, reported TechCrunch.
Bremerhaven, Germany-based food innovation firm Biozoon is devising a kind of 3D-printed food to help make sure that elderly patients who are unable to swallow will not choke during meals.
Los Angeles, US-based digital postal mail startup Zumbox announced via email that it will be shutting down its service on April 14, 2014 due to difficulty in staying above the cost of delivering the service.
London, UK-based healthcare appointment platform Zesty bagged an additional $2 million in its seed funding round from TA Ventures and ABRT Fund to expand its services beyond London.
San Francisco, California-based startup Fundbox emerged from stealth mode and nabbed $17.5 million in a funding round led by Khosla Ventures to help small and medium-sized enterprises get access to cash to clear their invoices within a day.
Hospitality startup Airbnb has increased its service arm to Los Angeles through a partnership with Homejoy and Handybook, reported TechCrunch.
Massachusetts, US-based software professional training tool provider PluralSight purchased Oklahoma City-based creative software training services Digital-Tutors in a deal valued at $45 million to increase its educational content.
Tel Aviv, Israel-based mobile gallery startup Flayvr grabbed $2 million in seed funding from institutional and angel investors to help smartphone users organize their gallery photos for easy viewing and sharing.
E-book soundtrack platform Booktrack takes in USD3 million in Series A funding, said a report from TechCrunch.
Moot.it, an online forum site, announced changing its name to Muut and has taken in new funding valued USD770000, reported TechCrunch.
San Francisco, US-based mobile app performance startup Crittercism took home $30 million in a funding round led by Scale Venture Partners for its expansion and enterprise initiatives.
Redwood City, US-based remote home monitoring company iControl Networks acquired Ottawa, Canada-based home automation device maker Blacksumac for an undisclosed amount to expand its product portfolio.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks