23 year-old Jacob Cook's open-source project Ark OS was able to get USD45,189 in backing from 859 investors to develop a full-scale Google Reader alternative.
Jacob Cook's private cloud project ArkOS has beaten its funding goal of USD45,000 with a total pledge of USD45,189 from 859 backers with less than a week remaining in a self-hosted crowdfunding campaign.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, Colorado-based Seamless Toy Company raised USD2.6 million in a seed round to build a system that allows kids to bring toys to life using science.
New York-based online auction site CharityBuzz has raised USD100 million in funding for good causes such as UNICEF, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, by auctioning off time and possessions of famous people.
Chris Robert's personal computer (PC) game, Star Citizen, topped its USD29 million stretch goal for additional funding for Squadron 42, a single-player campaign that can be played offline.
Seedrs, a British crowdsourcing platform which offers equity to investors, instead of perks, claims to be the first of its kind to operate across Europe. It has an instant advantage since cross-border crowdfunding is better in some EU countries due to higher limits in funding.
UK equity-based crowdfunding platform Seedrs announced that it is crowd-raising GBP500,000 using its own site to reach out to European investors and startups outside of the UK.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission has approved a proposal that would enable upstarts and small firms to offer ownership stakes to retail investors using crowdfuding platforms online.
California-based seaweed chip company New Frontier Foods Inc. bagged USD1.7 million in its first seed funding round from executives at top corporations and other investors.
Tech startup Tablo launched on crowdfunding site Indiegogo to raise funds for its new over-the-air DVR project.
British technology company Captive Media managed to raise GBP250,000 through crowdfunding to launch the world's first urinal game.
GE Ventures entered the crowdfunding arena by partnering with the OurCrowd platform.
As the UK and the US institute crowdfunding regulations, India is also drafting its own set of rules.
Pennzoil's "Mission: ABLE" program donated three vans to three veterans for their specialized needs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display