Basic Materials

Gold Production on Pause as Mining Industry Reveals Gold Becomes Difficult to Find

The gold mining industry struggles to ramp up gold production due to declining deposits, financing, and regulatory challenges as gold prices increase.


Interior Construction Firms Accused of Rigging Million-Dollar Tenders; Singaporean Watchdog Issues Legal Notices

Two interior construction firms are accused of rigging million-dollar tenders. A Singaporean competition watchdog shares the details...

Chinese Scientists Develop Cheap Aluminum Alloy with Record Thermal Resistance, Six Times Stronger than Standard Alloys

Chinese scientists at Tianjin University developed a cost-effective aluminum alloy with remarkable strength and heat resistance, revolutionizing aerospace and industrial applications...

China Slams New US Tariffs, Vows to Defend Economic Interests Amid Trade Tensions

Biden imposes extensive tariffs on Chinese imports, including semiconductors and EVs, escalating trade tensions. China vows to defend its interests and urges correction...


Latest News

Cliffs Natural to take $6 billion charge on coal, iron ore assets
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF.N) said it would write down the value of its coal and iron ore assets by $6 billion due to weak prices, putting it in breach of debt covenants and sending its shares
Amazon expands grocery delivery service to Brooklyn
Amazon.com Inc is expanding its online grocery delivery program to Brooklyn's well-heeled Park Slope neighborhood on Friday, giving the No. 1 U.S. online retailer a foothold in one of the wealthiest a
Monsoon to curb Philippines nickel mining, hurt China supply
Seasonal rains are set to disrupt nickel mining in the Philippines for the next four months or so, crimping exports to top buyer China and stoking a shortfall in the global supply of ore.
Miner NWR sells 75 pct of new shares in rights issue
Czech hard coal miner New World Resources (NWR) said on Tuesday investors took up 3.78 billion new shares in a rights issue that is part of the company's debt and equity restructuring plans.
Mercuria's third founder: China head eyes long game
The little known Asia head of Mercuria will be key in tying the Swiss commodity trader's $3.5 billion acquisition of JP Morgan Chase and Co's physical commodity desk into the company's China business.
Japan's Mitsui sells 25 percent stake in Arizona copper mine to Grupo Mexico
Japanese trading house Mitsui & Co Ltd (8031.T) said it had sold its 25 percent stake in Silver Bell Mining to a unit of Grupo Mexico (GMEXICOB.MX) that already owns the remaining 75 percent in the op
Rosneft may back out of Morgan Stanley oil unit deal
Rosneft (ROSN.MM), Russia's biggest crude oil producer, may back out of a deal to buy Morgan Stanley (MS.N)'s oil trading unit because Western sanctions make it virtually impossible to finance day-to-
Philippine company offers to buy Australia's Indophil Resources
Indophil Resources NL said on Tuesday Philippine-based conglomerate Alsons Group has offered to fully acquire the Australian company for $0.30 a share in an all-cash deal.
U.S. Steel Canada moving quickly to sell Hamilton assets
United States Steel Corp's (X.N) Canadian unit is preparing to quickly put its Hamilton assets up for sale and also hopes to run an auction process for its operations on Lake Erie, court filings showe
Tesco cuts outlook after finding accounting error
Tesco (TSCO.L) has lowered its forecast for first-half profit by 250 million pounds ($408.50 million), its third warning this year, after finding a fault in its accounts, in the latest blow to the rep
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  next page
Real Time Analytics