HTC Desire EYE Android 6.0 Marshmallow Release Update
HTC Desire EYE has been reported to get the official over-the-air update of Android 6.0 Marshmallow software following confirmation of the upgrade for its predecessors One M9 and One M8. Android 6.0 will carry new features and improvements, plus HTC's key features and Sense 7.0 user interface.
Being the biggest update in Android history, Android 6.0 Marshmallow is reportedly coming to HTC Desire EYE devices soon. The upgrade will follow the Taiwanese brand's rollout to One M9 and One M8.
Revealed via Twitter, Jason Mac of HTC said its roadmap for the Android 6.0 will come to Desire EYE the same time One M9 and One M8 will receive it or shortly after that. Flagship devices One M9 and One M8 are slated to get the update by the end of the 2015 or most likely around December this year.
T-Mobile is the first mobile carrier in the US to announce the official over-the-air release of the Marshmallow through a track list posted on its support page for software upgrades. One M9 and One M8 are presently on manufacturer development stage wherein a carrier and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update. Testing shall follow.
The upcoming Android software upgrade is expected to come with new features like battery-saving Doze and a smarter Google Now, among others. Android 6.0 Marshmallow will bring the following features and improvements:
1. Doze Mode. This new feature monitors phone and puts into a deep sleep when idle to extend battery life.
2. Google Now. Google Now gets better function through Now on Tap. Press holding the home button will pop up Google Now and show information based on recent and present status or activity.
3. Android Pay. By just a simple tap, bring up Android Pay and make purchases without the need to launch another app.
4. Direct share. Share photos, links, news, files, etc. with selected contacts with ease and quickness.
5. Simpler volume controls. Control ringtone and media volume spontaneously.
Meanwhile, HTC has sent invitations for media coverage that it is launching on October 20 its new smartphone called One A9. According to the invitation, the new handset device will be shipped with the Marshmallow software.