'Justice League' Updates: Green Lantern to appear in the movie, 'Batman v Superman' trailer to finally arrive in July
We are still more than a year away from the release of the highly-anticipated DC blockbuster film 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,' and yet speculations and even potential spoilers are already pouring in for the 'Justice League' movie, which is slated to be released in 2017. The incredible success of comic book movie universes that was started by Marvel has opened up tons of opportunities for other franchises such as DC to adapt their works to the big screen.
There is little-to-no information yet as to the plot of Justice League, so we do not know what world-ending threat would bring the world's oldest superhero team together. However, we have information about who is going to be there, as well as some speculations as to the other members and who will portray them. Here are the latest updates about the 'Justice League' movie:
- We already know that 'Justice League' is going to be split into two parts, the first movie coming out in 2017 and its sequel in 2019.
- Batman will be portrayed by Ben Affleck, Superman by returning cast member Henry Cavill, and Wonder Woman by Gal Gadot. Both of the new actors received a lot of criticism for their casting, but as we approach closer to the premier of BvS:DoJ, things are starting to mellow.
- The characters of Aquaman and Cyborg will be portrayed by actors Jason Momoa and Ray Fisher, respectively. Both of these characters will appear in minor roles in the upcoming 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.'
- The Flash, which has been enjoying success in the small screen, thanks to the stellar performance of Grant Justin, will also appear in the 'Justice League' movie and will be portrayed by Ezra Miller. A 'Flash' movie is slated to be released in the future.
- There is still much speculation as to whether Green Lantern will or will not appear in 'Justice League,' as well as which incarnation will be portrayed. The scars of the previous 'Green Lantern' (which starred Ryan Reynolds in the title role) film are still fresh, so a lot of comic book movie fans are quite critical as to how Green Lantern will be portrayed in the big screen. Needless to say, there have been numerous speculations as to which Green Lantern would appear and the actors who would play them. Many who have been vying for the John Stewart incarnation of Green Lantern speculate that either Common, Tyrese Gibson or David Ramsey could be cast; those who want Hal Jordan to return are looking to see Chris Pine wear the ring.
- The long-awaited trailer for 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' is speculated to finally arrive this July and will be displayed at the upcoming San Diego Comic-con. The SDCC will be held on July 9-12 at the San Diego Convention Center. The trailer is reported to have scenes similar to the one shown at the 2014 San Diego Comic-con, as well as additional scenes introducing Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg. Whether or not the speculations are true, seeing the trailer will give us a glimpse of what to expect the Justice League movie will be.