'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' News: Daisy Ridley's character name 'Rey' only an alias for plot twist?
About a month ago, we learned of the names of the characters that are featured in the teaser trailer for the upcoming 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' film - John Boyega as Finn, Daisy Ridley as Rey, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, the cloaked guy as Kylo Ren, and the ever-so-cute droid BB-8. In a recent report by Starwars7news.com, it looks like Daisy Ridley's character will be involved in a major plot twist.
It was reported that the name 'Rey' would only be an alias for Daisy Ridley's character at the beginning of the film, and that her real name would surface in a plot twist by the conclusion of the film. Many fans suggest that Rey could be the daughter of Han Solo and Leia Skywalker - which is quite possible, given that Daisy Ridley resembles both Natalie Portman (who played Padme Amidala in the prequel trilogy) and Carrie Fisher, who portrays 'Queen' Leia in the upcoming film.
Other theories and speculations include:
- The BB-8 droid is owned by Cameron Poe at the beginning of the movie.
- Han Solo may die in this movie. The website Making Star Wars went deep into this after a trusted source provided them details of what was shot at Pinewood. According to their source, Han Solo would confront Kylo Ren at the ramparts of the Evil Castle, to which the latter would silence the conversation forever.
- There would be a character named 'Original Warrior'.
- Luke Skywalker will only appear in a scene at the conclusion of the movie when a character named 'Kira' would return his lightstaber.
- 'Queen' Leia will be in a leadership role and would have something up her sleeve codenamed the 'Sledgehammer' to combat the Empire's 'Catapult'.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' opens in theaters on December 18, 2015.