Royal Mail shares, criticized to be valued too low, had netted hefty profits for its investors.
Tokyo Electric's debtors allow debt roll over for the stricken power utility firm.
Shares of Royal Mail Group Ltd experienced a 38% increase after its debut on the London Stock Exchange.
The Guardian said the British government might increase the 30% Royal Mail share allocation it would be selling to small and public investors.
Xylem appointed H Balasubramaniam as the company's managing director for its India operations.
Washington-based Carlyle Group could possibly sell its shares in Turkey's Medical Park and Saudi Arabia's General Lighting.
A BRL 300 million investment would be done GIC Pte in Aegea Saneamento e Participacoes SA.
German newspaper Stuttgarter Zeitung said on Wednesday that utility company EnBW would be buying Italian energy company Eni's stake in the German natural gas transmission networks they co-owned.
Despite an ownership dispute, Electricite de France (EDF) said it was in exclusive discussions with Dalkia France for the purchase of urban lighting firm Citelum.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan handed control of 14 power companies formerly owned by the state to private investors.
A source told Bloomberg that a unit of Goldman Sachs and two Denmark-based pension funds were close to purchasing a stake in Denmark utility Dong Energy.
The Asian Development Bank had allotted two loans for renewable energy and utilities projects in both eastern and western India.
Investors welcomed the news that Gazprom would be divesting itself of the 37% stake it holds in Lithuania's Amber Grid.
In a bid to cut overall costs, RWE had laid out plans to sell off assets to financial investors as well as cut down on its employee headcount.
Crescent Real Estate Holdings sold the properties it had bought in 2009 to ride the real estate market recovery.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lance Armstrong's Next Ventures Raises $24.5 Million Of Expected $75 Million Fundraise
- Implied SPDR S&P MIDCAP 400 ETF Analyst Target Price: $389
- What This Centi-Billionaire Fashion Magnate Can Teach You About Investing
- ADP vs. Paychex: Comparing Key Metrics For The Two Largest Payroll Processing Companies
- After Energy Sector Earnings Plunge In Q1, Hopes Rise For Improved Q2 Performance
- Are Strong Jobs Really Bad For Stocks?
- 4 Price Charts You Should See: Bank Stocks Are Showing Relative Weakness
- Citigroup's $21.5-Billion Capital Return Plan For 2019 Is Slightly Lower Than Its 2018 Plan