Hyundai Motor Co said on Tuesday it would build two factories in China, its first new manufacturing plants since 2012 as the South Korean automaker bets on growth in the world's biggest car market even as the economy slows.
Nissan Motor Co Ltd (7201.T) said on Wednesday it has ordered the recall of more than 80,000 vehicles sold in Mexico to check for potential defects stemming from air bags made by Japanese company Takata Corp (7312.T).
Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it would recall 57,000 vehicles globally to replace potentially deadly air bags made by Takata Corp, as a safety crisis around the Japanese auto parts maker looks far from being contained.
Toyota Motor Corp on Monday said it will introduce its first mass-market fuel cell car in the United States next year, hoping to replicate the success of its Prius hybrid with a vehicle that runs on hydrogen instead of gasoline.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Monday that he would not be surprised if there was a significant deal with Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) in the next two to three years, though there were no definitive plans.
A group of companies, including several large automakers, have joined a public-private research initiative to lay the groundwork for a system that wirelessly connects vehicles and helps smooth the flow of traffic, the University on Michigan said on Friday.
U.S. August auto sales were the highest for that month in more than a decade, thanks in part to heavy discounting by the manufacturers and a strong Labor Day weekend close, with the industry selling at an annualized pace not seen since early 2006.
2013 had been the best sales year for the auto industry as US consumers bought 15.5 million vehicles. Ford Motor Co., Honda Motor Co. and Chrysler Group posted single-digit percentage gains, while General Motors Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. sales declined.
Hours after announcing the departure of chief executive Dan Akerson, the Holden unit of General Motors Co announced its decision to halt its auto making operations in Australia by 2017.
Kenya's Treasury Secretary Henry Rotich confirms the sale of as much as USD2 billion worth of Eurobonds for the country's debt payments and energy projects.
Analysts predicted that the Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG's move to withdraw its expansion plans in South Africa could affect the country's economy.
Ford Motor Co. announced naming a new US sales chief after the retirement of its current executive effective November 1.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Biden Under Scrutiny for Supplying Tank Shells to Israel Without Congress' Approval
- Wall Street Experts See Solid Potential in These 3 Stocks
- Dr. Stuart Lutton & New Life Teeth Clinic: Leading the Way with Zirconia Dental Implants
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic