Cupertino, US-based tech giant Apple is mulling on launching its own on-demand music service to compete with music streaming giant Spotify as the number of downloads goes down.
Palo Alto, US-based late-stage investment firm Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) raised $2.23 billion for its eighth growth equity fund from European and Asian private and public pension funds, financial institutions and other investors.
Sydney, Australia-based music streaming firm Spotify snapped up Somerville, US-based music discovery engine The Echo Nest for an undisclosed amount to create an improved music discovery service for its clients.
US-based e-commerce giant Amazon is reportedly in talks with big music companies about plans to offer its own music streaming service under it Prime membership, according to a report by Re/code citing anonymous industry sources familiar with the discussions.
Online music streaming service Spotify is recruiting a U.S. financial reporting specialist, adding to speculation that the Swedish start-up is preparing for a share listing, which one banker said could value the firm at as much as $8 billion.
Tech giants Microsoft and Samsung are in talks to acquire stakes in a France-based online music startup and a video-sharing website, according to a report by French weekly Le Journal du Dimanche.
Chicago-based media firm Tribune has entered an agreement to purchase Gracenote, the California-based music data unit of Japanese conglomerate Sony in a deal valued at $170 million, according to a statement by Tribune.
Spotify, a popular music-streaming service, confirmed its receipt of a USD250 million investment in a recent funding and also said it paid around USD500 million in royalties to artists this year.
Spotify AB has successfully secured about USD 250 million in new financing that values the music-streaming company much higher than USD 4 billion, according to sources. With this in mind, Spotify is now almost shoulder to shoulder with Pandora, which went public in 2011 and is currently valued at USD 5.7 billion.
Online music-streaming service Spotify has raised $250 million in a new funding round, making it one of the world's most richly capitalized start-ups.
Music streaming site Spotify could be the spark that would reignite music sales in Sweden.
Spotify's revenues in 2012 grew more than twice as much after expansion.
The London-based online music provider tries to break into several Asian counties in an effort to race with Pandora in global expansion efforts.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Founder of Globetrotters, Niranjan Shah, on His Background, Success Story, and Philosophy of Getting Ahead
- 3 Scenarios Lear Capital Founder Kevin DeMeritt Says Precious Metals Could Protect Against
- Tips To Increase Your Appointment Setting Conversion Rate in 2022 According to Bruntwork
- Amazon FBA, Shipping, Receiving: Kitting and Assembly Solutions Keeps it All Signed, Sealed and Delivered for a Global Marketplace On the Go
- Investor Brian Condenanza On The Future of Fintech Investing
- What You Need to Know About Business Litigation Law
- Amer Deeba on Cybersecurity and His New Company Normalyze
- The Ultimate Guide to an Employee’s Net Pay