The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Friday, including Microsoft, Comcast, Green Dot, Goldman Sachs and others.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Tuesday including Nokia, IntercontinentalExchange Group, Goldman Sachs and others.
Nokia shareholders were expected to approve the sale of its beleaguered handset business to Microsoft Corp. for EUR5.44 billion. The takeover would boost Nokia's cash position to EUR8 billion.
According to a report written in Hebrew at Calcalist, Apple acquired the company that helped develop the original Kinect of Microsoft for USD345 million.
Philanthropist and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates suggested the state of Norway should invest a portion of its massive USD800 billion wealth fund to countries in Asia and Africa.
Sources disclosed to Reuters that only five names, including Ford Motor Co chief Alan Mulally and former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop, were being considered to replace Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Steve Ballmer.
Nokia Oyj extends its existing patent agreement with the largest mobile phone maker Samsung Electronics Co.
A group of technology companies including Microsoft and Apple claimed Google had infringed one of their patents it had obtained by bankrupt mobile company Nortel.
Proxy advisory firm Glass Lewis believed that Thompson's role as chief executive of one of Microsoft's suppliers could create a possible conflict of interest in his position in the Board of Directors.
HTC claimed in a Financial Times article that it had a hand with Microsoft Corp's smartwatch years ago.
Details of the new Nokia Lumia phablet was mistakenly posted on a Chinese e-commerce listing.
Small business IT administrators were not pleased with manually updating each Windows 8 device to Windows 8.1.
The Windows 8.1 update would seek to address issues that had been found in the original Windows 8 operating system.
Users of Apple Inc's iPhone 5S displayed a blue screen of death initially thought to be only available on Microsoft Corp's Windows.
A hacker identified as James Forshaw received USD100,000 in prize money from Microsoft Corp's bug bounty program for finding a new way to bypass security of Windows 8.1.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- US SEC Scraps Some of Its Most Ambitious Greenhouse Gas Emission Disclosure Requirements From Draft Climate Rules: Report
- Judge Junks Donald Trump Requests for 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine
- Reddit to Go Public After Submitting Its IPO Filing to Trade on NYSE Under the Ticker 'RDDT'
- Intuitive Machines Makes History After Its Odysseus Lander Becomes First Commercial Spacecraft to Land on Moon