New York, US-based analytics firm Implisit raised $3.3 million in funding from Gemini Israel Ventures for its self-learning platform that mines CRM data to help improve sales efficiency.
Denver, Colorado-based online market research firm GutCheck secured $4 million in a funding round led by Icon Venture Partners to test out the potential of different business ideas.
Intel introduced wearable computing devices as it seeks to grow its operations beyond personal computers and tries to get back on track after missing the huge opportunity presented by smartphones, Reuters reported.
Search giant Google is said to be thinking about designing its own server processor, a move seen as a likely threat to the market dominance of Intel Corp, Bloomberg reported.
US-based processor giant Intel acquired private hackathon organizer Hacker League for an undisclosed amount, in a deal that will merge the latter with Mashery, an Intel company.
The International Data Corporation released its forecast for the PC market worldwide, estimating a 10.1% plunge in 2013 sales, a 3.8% contraction in 2014, and a 300-million mark on an annual basis.
Dealogic data showed a big increase in the acquisition activity of big tech companies in Israel, pushing the Middle Eastern country to become a global player in the innovative tech arena.
Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan and Federal Reserve Board Governor Jerome Powell will be among bank executives and regulators speaking at an industry conference in New York hosted by The Clearing House Association, which represents interests of the biggest commercial banks.
Investors remain inclined to take markets higher in the absence of anything that would suggest equities should fall. The market seems to have hit a stage where strong data helps and weak data affirms the Fed's intentions to keep policy accommodative, which also helps stocks.
HookLogic raised a USD14 million in Series B growth funding.
Technology stocks experienced a fair gain with the help of Intel, Facebook and Apple.
Intel planned to offer holograms and bio-sensors for shopping.
Apple and Google's effect on PC industry would result to investors' reassessment of their investments on Intel and Microsoft.
After Google and Apple's success with their tablets, Advanced Micro Devices could still manage to have a brighter future due to its products and processors.
McAfee announced the completion of acquisition of Stonesoft via tender offer
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- US SEC Scraps Some of Its Most Ambitious Greenhouse Gas Emission Disclosure Requirements From Draft Climate Rules: Report
- Judge Junks Donald Trump Requests for 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine
- U.S Citizens Grapple With Sudden Nationwide Cellular Service Outage
- Reddit to Go Public After Submitting Its IPO Filing to Trade on NYSE Under the Ticker 'RDDT'