Pharmaceuticals companies PharmAthene and Theraclone Sciences agreed to merge for expansion of drug research and development.
Venture capital fund Ascension Health Ventures backs healthcare technology innovator Quantros.
American hospital chain Community Health agreed to buy Health Management Associates Inc. for US$3.9 billion in cash and stock.
A report revealed that healthcare investments to Cleveland in the fist half of 2013 was US$80 million, down from the US$104 million in the same period last year.
JenaValve Technology secures US $62.5 million in series C financing, with investments coming from both new and existing investors.
Pharmaceutical giants Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Novartis are among those to propose bids for Onyx Pharmaceuticals.
Conatus Pharmaceuticals offered 5 million shares for another IPO.
Adcock Ingram Holdings Ltd. received a non-binding proposal from Chilean drug manufacturer CFR Pharmaceuticals SA for US$1.3 billion.
Fresenius sold its transplantation medicine and anti-cancer cell drug to Neopharm.
Complix completed its Series B funding as Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners and GMIV handed their support.
Tenet Healthcare bought Vanguard Health Systems for $4.3 billion.
STAT-Diagnostica appointed Gerard Valliant as its new chairman.
UAE investment company Waha Capital bought Anglo Arabian Heathcare to expant its portfolio, now including assets in the healthcare sector.
ClearLight Partners sold The Outsource Group to Parallon Business Solutions.
The Swiss Market Index climbed as Novartis advanced studies on multiple sclerosis while Roche releases arthritis drug.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Warns About the Biggest Stock Market Crash in US History if He Loses to Joe Biden and Investors Just Laugh
- Hunter Biden Exposes Republicans' Indifference, Double Standard on Jared Kushner’s Foreign Business Dealings
- LockBit Hackers Set a Ransom Deadline to Release Donald Trump Documents From Georgia Case
- North Korea Continues to Secretly Send Vast Amounts of Artillery Shells to Russia for War, South Korea Says
- Willy Wonka-Inspired Event in Glasgow Ends With Visitors Calling Police as They Believe They Got Scammed
- Walmart's $45M Settlement Offer for Overcharged Customers - Are You Eligible?
- Virgin Galactic to Pause Space Flights to Focus on Developing Its Next-Generation Delta-Class Spacecraft
- Joe Biden Orders Investigation Into 'Smart Cars' Built in China, Other Foreign Adversaries Over Security Concerns