Global venture capital funding for financial technology companies hit $13.8 billion last year. The number is a double from previous year, indicating a serious impact of fintech to the financial services.
Venture capitalization has appeared as an investment industry rival for banks and insurances. The new trend of raising capital has become much more popular for fintech startups during 2015 while raising $13.8 billion in funding. The raised fund appears just double compared to that in previous year and expected to grow significantly also in 2016.
Unicorn is a term defining a startup company with over $1 billion valuation. Now, there will be other group of tech startups defined as "rabbit" to differentiate them from unicorns-overhype that become unicorpse.
New York-based research gathered data on startup death and found out that half of early-stage firms die before raising $1 million and that most startups last 20 months after their last funding round.
San Francisco, California-based customer-tracking software maker Zendesk has sought the services of Goldman Sachs to lead a potential initial public offering (IPO) set later this year.
Research firm CB Insights revealed in its latest report that IPO activity will most likely be the most active in the technology sector as over 500 companies have healthy trajectories and high valuations.
According to a Reuters report, venture capitalists showed no signs of shying away from startup investments related to Bitcoin even as authorities increased scrutiny among numerous virtual currency firms.
Venture capital reached US$1.3 billion in New York.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Al Humaidi Family of Kuwait: An Entrepreneurial Family to Watch
- History of Changing the Treatment of Diseases With the Help of Biomedicine.
- UN Ambassador & Forbes Honoree Chrissybil Boulin is Transforming Education
- How To Get An Automotive Investment Deal From Venture Capitalists
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.