Fairfax Media Ltd, the leading diversified media firm in Australia, has purchased property data and mapping company Property Data Solutions Pty Ltd for approximately USD30 million.
WesTrac China Limited has reached an agreement to acquire the distribution and support businesses of Caterpillar Global Mining in a deal valued at around USD130 million.
Australia-based energy company Ambassador Oil and Gas Ltd has sold its 52.5% stake in South Australia's Cooper Basin, a potential gas field, to New Standard Energy Ltd for USD42.5 million.
Telecom Corp Ltd has offloaded its Australian AAPT unit to TPG Telecom Ltd UDS450 million to initially repay debt and focus on its operations in New Zealand.
Brisbane-based private equity fund manager Blue Sky Alternative Investments Ltd plans a USD25.59 million fundraising by the end of 2013 through a series of share sales.
If the Australian federal government does not boost Qantas Airways Ltd's credit ratings, the national carrier may sell its shares in its frequent flyer division or Jetstar's Asian arm, the Australian Financial Review (AFR) reported.
Alan Joyce, chief executive of Qantas Airways Ltd, has ruled out Australia's national carrier raising fresh capital to compete with arch-rival Virgin, saying the airline still has a lot of flexibility.
Australia-based IDP Education, the world's largest provider of international student placement, is considering the sale of its shares through an initial public offering (IPO) in 2014.
Australia-based mining logistics firm BIS Industries is buying industrial transport company Powertrans for USD30 million in a debt-funded transaction which will be finalized in January.
Charter Hall Retail REIT completed a fully underwritten USD80 million institutional placement for the partial funding of its Rosebud Plaza acquisition, according to the company's statement to the Australian Securities Exchange.
Newcastle Airport Authority Ltd was reportedly planning to sell half its stake to infrastructure investors such as IFM Investors Ltd and other superannuation funds next year.
Airline firm Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd said it plans to raise USD350 million in capital to enhance its liquidity by offering new shares to its existing shareholders.
Brisbane-based veterinary giant Greencross announced its intention to buy pet retail chain Mammoth Pet Holdings in an acquisition deal that is valued at USD330 million.
Australian diversified company Abacus Property Group raised USD75 million in a share sale, the proceeds of which would be used to more properties in New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Requests to Extend 30-Day Period to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine as His Campaign Faces Financial Peril
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- US SEC Scraps Some of Its Most Ambitious Greenhouse Gas Emission Disclosure Requirements From Draft Climate Rules: Report
- Judge Junks Donald Trump Requests for 30-Day Extension to Pay $355 Million Civil Fraud Fine
- Reddit to Go Public After Submitting Its IPO Filing to Trade on NYSE Under the Ticker 'RDDT'
- Intuitive Machines Makes History After Its Odysseus Lander Becomes First Commercial Spacecraft to Land on Moon