Music streaming company Spotify raises $ 1 billion deal through financing in the form of convertible debt. TPG rounded the funds together with Dragoneer along with other institutional investors. The deal placed by Goldman Sachs is expected to close on April 2.
Line Corporation, owning entity of MixRadio has studied that 65% of its app users are from Far Eastern Countries. To uphold the company priorities for going regional, Line has decided to shutter MixRadio. Meanwhile, its Music streaming app will be restricted for the users of Japan and Thailand only.
Apple Music has gained another million subscribers, following its previous 10 million members. It means that Apple is chasing to compete tightly with its competitor, Spotify.
Pandora Media Inc has engaged Morgan Stanley to facilitate the selling itself including identifying potential buyers. Pandora has been spending heavily to attract more number of users amid increasing competition in internet radio space.
After launching the public beta version in December, owners of Sonos system will now be able to enjoy Apple music service. The features will be available starting Wednesday morning.
Spotify and Genius work together to provide a better and deeper music experience for their users. Fact Tracks shows lyrics, along with annotations from the community or the artist itself.
This Christmas eve of this year has come up with another good news for the music fans. The Beatles' catalogue will soon be arriving on streaming services.
Taylor Swift is completely in a gift giving mood this Christmas with the latest launch of her 1989 World Tour Documentary on the Apple Music. On the occasion of Swift's 26th birthday, she announced that the release is scheduled on December 20, 2015, on her Twitter platform.
The internet radio services provider Pandora's stock plummeted owing to increased competition in the global market. Pandora shares dropped 35 percent on Wall Street in just one session eroding $1.4billion market capitalization of the company. The emerging competition in internet radio services from global majors such as Apple is impacting the Pandora's performance. Adding to this YouTube has also introduced a subscription plan for music and video.
Apple finally announced the launching of Apple Music to Chinese customers. The app comes with a three-month trial. After that, 10 Chinese yuan per month will be charged. iTunes, iBooks, and Movies were also made available.
To counter the threat possessed by Apple Inc's new Apple Music subscription service, Spotify, the current leader in the music-streaming business organized a new round of funding from investors on Tuesday.
Playing down the threat to his business from the world's most valuable company, the founder of music streaming service Spotify said the industry was big enough for several players and his firm did not have to be number one.
Apple launched Apple Music on Monday, a $9.99-a-month streaming music service that may not differ dramatically from competitors but comes with Apple's deep music roots, global brand and hundreds of millions of iTunes customers.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Nvidia’s Stock Price Surges Over 12% Following AI-Driven Record Profits