The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Monday including Forbes, Axel Springer, MidCap Financial LLC, Goldman Sachs and others.
Denise Nappier, Connecticut's state treasurer, is considering to make a USD125 million investment in Apollo Global Management's Fund VIII. Fund VIII has already raised more than its USD12 billion target.
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Canada's largest single-profession pension plan, said it would be buying British Burton's Biscuit Co. for an unspecified amount from the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and affiliates of Apollo Global Management.
Hedge funds are now entering the municipal debt market, finding a veritable gold mine in value but may provide more problems in the long run as to the temporary nature of the investments.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Monday.
The Central Bank of Ireland assured the public that it had been pursuing an alternate solution to bail out Newbridge Credit Union after talks of a merger with Naas Credit Union had failed.
Merlin Entertainments's successful initial public offering had put the company's valuation at GBP3.5 billion or USD5.6 billion.
TPG will be the new home of funds commitment professional Jennifer Morais.
Guy Carpenter said the global pension fund industry has invested USD 10 billion worth of funds in insurance.
With a return of just 6.4% per year in traditional investment vehicles, a shortfall of 1.6%, many pension funds opt to invest in alternative options which promise higher returns.
According to Previ CIO, the goal of the investments is not diversification and not returns.
Former Blackstone Group unit Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners raised an oversubscribed fund totalling USD1.65 billion.
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) had filed complaints against Morgan Stanley and eight other financial institutions for selling faulty mortgage-backed securities.
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and Hastings Funds Management refinanced their existing loan worth AUD 1.646 billion or USD 1.54 billion.
The experience of some Muslim dominated countries as to tapping Islamic pension funds for capitalization had reaped benefits.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- OUKITEL Introduces Several New Smartphones to MWC: 7.12”Waterdrop display,10000mAh Battery, and 5V/6A quick charge
- 6 Reasons to Get Workforce Management Software Today
- OUKITEL C12 Goes to Official sale at just $64.99, 6.18 inch notch display with 2GB/16GB Memory
- OUKITEL C15 PRO Will Come with 6.088”Waterdrop Display, Android 9 Pie OS and Support 5G wifi
- How Sales Recruiters Can Improve Your Team
- OUKITEL C12 Pro 3G Version C12 is Released with Notch Display and Stunning Price
- OUKITEL New Phone C13 Pro: Notch Display and Android 9.0 Pie OS
- OUKITEL C15 Pro leaks: Global First MT6761 Smartphone with Waterdrop Notch Screen