The German chancellor said that she will prioritize Africa for Germany's G20 presidency next year. She reiterated that she want to strenghten private investment in Africa and urge other companies to invest in Africa.
Djibouti has received $11 million grant from the European Union to help the country in looking for ways to solve the current problem in potable water and its scarcity of supply.
Nam Mokwunye's PublicVine, video marketplace startup allowing sellers and buyers alike to acquire videos has received $5 million funding round in time for the company to launch globally on June 6 this year.
Petrobas, the top oil producer of Brazil, has been looking for potential buyers to acquire its assets in Nigeria valued $5 billion as the company plans for divestment of international assets.
Seven Energy International Limited has received $225 million equity capital from investors including Singapore's Temasek, IFC and the IFC ALAC Fund to be used for corporate affairs and boosting dometic energy markets in Nigeria.
Oil and gas producer Seplat, the first publicly listed oil and gas firm in the Nigerian bourse, said that it would end its gas flaring activities in the country by September and expects that the practice would be halted in the country by 2020.
CFAO Auto Group has been looking at the potential car market in Nigeria following other multinational companies including Toyota, Nissan and Kia's entrance to the country through local partnership with distributors for car assembly and production.
US-listed fund manager Carlyle has invested USD698 million to the sub-Saharan Africa region aiming to focus in the consumer, transport, ICT and financial sectors and adding to J&J Africa, its current investment in the country.
International soccer star Didier Drogba has partnered with HOM to launch his clothing brand in May, a French clothing brand for men, reported Ventures Africa.
Google Inc. has acquired Titan Aerospace without disclosing financial information regarding the deal, reported Ventures Africa.
Kenya's Britam would acquire 30 percent stake in Continetal Re Kenya Ltd in a deal valued USD3.5 million, reported Ventures Africa.
Naguib Sawiris has been looking at a potential investment in Telecom Italia, his latest attempt after failing to get hold of stake two years ago, reported Ventures Africa.
A German newspaper reported that furniture and household appliances magnate Steinhoff would debut on Frankfurt, Germany through an IPO later this year.
Glencore Xstrata sold its Peru copper mine to consortium led by China MinMetals in an all cash deal valued USD5.8 billion, reported Ventures Africa.
BNP Paribas has acquired RCS in a deal valued USD250 million, reported Ventures Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Receives Car From Russia's Vladimir Putin in Another Sign of Warming Ties Between the 2 Countries
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- James Biden, Joe Biden's Brother, Contradicts Himself at Impeachment Hearing on President’s Involvement in Family Business: GOP
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Donald Trump's Social Media Deal Greenlighted by SEC — And It Could Make Him a Fortune
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks