Joseph Lieberman, a former US senator from Connecticut and onetime vice-presidential candidate, will join private equity firm Victory Park Capital Advisors LLC as chairman of its executive board.
In a 254-159 vote, the US House of Representatives passed a legislation exempting private equity firms from provisions in the 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Law. However, a similar action is not expected from the Democrat-dominated US Senate.
3 U.S Senators published an op-ed in the New York Times today, questioning on why American citizens were not able to have the knowledge to challenge the infringement of their privacy rights.
As the value of the Bitcoin reached a landmark USD700 valuation, The US Senate committee held a hearing with experts, lobbyists and federal regulators to discuss about the potential threats, risks and benefits of virtual currency.
Although US Federal Reserve Vice Chair Janet Yellen would be getting a backlash in the Senate due to her employer's bond-buying program, Louisiana Republican David Vitter was confident Yellen would replace Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke.
The legislation passed by the US Senate and Congress included fund allocations to cover fund reliefs to back payments of veteran soldiers.
The US Congress had one more day left before ending the budget stalemate as risks were dramatically increased in the first US government shutdown.
The US Senate investigation panel had asked energy regulators to hand over documents from an investigation with JP Morgan Chase & Co.
US senators have announced a plan to reintroduce Glass-Steagall Act.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Here's Why MyCutTV Is Now The Top App For Nonprofits To Raise Money In 2021
- Alexander Payne Discusses the Actors He Hopes to Direct in Future Films
- How to Start a Delivery Kitchen in 2021
- Using Crypto Trading Bots to Earn Passive Income
- Are There Limitations on What International Freight Forwarders Are Able to Transport?
- Reed Louis Jeune Discusses Becoming a Young Entrepreneur
- Jason Hughes, San Diego-Based CEO on the Secrets To Accomplishing Company Goals
- No One Business Is Absolved From Regulatory Control - But The Climate Continues To Confuse