Venture capital (VC) funding activity seems to be heading towards pre-recessionary mark. The VC activity recorded robust growth phase for over seven years. The sluggish financial markets are discouraging VC funding and raising money.
Austin-based tech company, Waldo Photos closes its $5 million seed funding on Thursday. The seed funding round was led by California's venture capital firm Upfront Ventures.
Retention Science managed to raise $7 million in Series A funding, backed by Upfront Ventures, and earlier investors including Baroda Ventures, Forerunner Ventures, Mohr Davidow Ventures as well as so-called angel investors. With the recent funding, the company reportedly plans to hire sales and marketing staff, as well as more data scientists who can demonstrate "retention marketing" beyond retail.
New York, US-based physical storage provider MakeSpace landed $8 million in funding from Upfront Ventures, OATV, Founders Fund, and other investors, to model its service after Uber and Dropbox and expand its workforce.
Unified has acquired Awe.sm without disclosing the financial terms of the deal while the latter has received $5.3 million from Upfront Ventures, Foundry Group and other investors.
New York, US-based business workshop Javelin Inc landed $1.5 million in a funding round led by Mark Suster and Upfron Ventures to teach big companies to innovate like a startup.
California, US-based call marketing company Invoca raised $20 million in a Series C funding round led by Accel Partners for its workforce expansion and product development.
Car pricing information website TrueCar.com has received a $30 million investment from Vulcan Capital. Vulcan Capital is controlled by Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen and has been investing in Internet and technology firms.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display