The University of California, Davis, received with $760 million fund to support its research programs. The federal government has been accounted mostly for the fund which was awarded to researches that address public health concerns.
Adidas extended its contract with Indiana University for the next eight years, giving IU $6.7 million annually, which is twice the amount compared to their previous deal. The deal worth $53.6 million in total is good until 2024. The ten-year previous contract between IU and Adidas will end after this academic year.
The University of California voted on Friday to maintain its investments in fossil fuels, frustrating a student-led effort to divest its portfolio in oil, natural gas and coal.
Berkeley, US-based startup MobileWorks raised $2.1 million in funding to change the way outsourcing works by generating online jobs for people who cannot enter the traditional career path.
Verizon Foundation teamed up with UC San Diego for the treatment of tuberculosis, while Cisco launched MR34 to aid the growing demand for infrastructure.
University of California, Berkeley's researchers would team up with the International Business Machines to use smartphones for a scientific breakthrough.
Researchers said that the sale of smart sensors would reach US$6.9 billion in 2018.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Global Migration Insights: Fahd Haque's Call for Compassion in U.S. Immigration Law
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Unifying the Digital Landscape: Cardware's End-to-End Platform for Modern Content Management
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups