Lawyers asked T-Mobile to remove its television commercial which was a parody about smartphone theft, saying it belittled the issue.
T-Mobile disclosed that the iPhones from Apple generated 29% of the carrier's total sales during the second quarter.
Analysts said Apple must make its own smartphone trade-in program to boost its sales.
AT&T would allow its customers to trade their phone every year for a new and discounted device without spending for an upfront payment.
Analysts said that T-Mobile could potentially gain more customers with the new strategy that would not ask for an upfront payment.
AT&T's acquisition of Leap puts pressure on smaller rivals to make mergers and purchases of their own.
MetroPCS reaffirms commitment to combination with T-Mobile USA
Shareholders holding about 7.5 million shares of MetroPCS Communications said intends to vote against the company's proposed merger
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Biden Under Scrutiny for Supplying Tank Shells to Israel Without Congress' Approval
- Wall Street Experts See Solid Potential in These 3 Stocks
- Dr. Stuart Lutton & New Life Teeth Clinic: Leading the Way with Zirconia Dental Implants
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic