Sony Xperia M4 Aqua to Receive Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Official OTA Release
Sony is reportedly releasing the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop to Xperia M4 Aqua through an official over-the-air update following a series of rollouts to older and mid-range phones. The update is expected to come before the android 6.0 Marshmallow debuts on Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P come October 5.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is expected to arrive to Sony Xperia M4 Aqua units as variants already received the same update in other parts of the world. While the official update has not yet come, custom ROMs have been made available for these devices particularly from well-known developer XDA. Xperia M4 Aqua is currently running on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Lollipop's final software version comes with the new LinkedIn app integration to Calendar and Contacts apps, direct access of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth via menu, more Xperia themes to choose from, and more. Here's a quick rundown to new Lollipop's features:
- Camera focus, speed and accuracy improvements in Superior Auto mode
- New Settings menu icons
- Now take pictures from the camera using Sony SmartWatch 3; use the SW3 as a remote shutter button
- Many new features for Xperia in Business, enhancing enterprise support for Xperia
- Calendar agenda in Email - no need to switch apps to check upcoming events
- Instant calendar events - create & share smart events directly from any email
- Improvements to volume and silent mode control, more control of your alerts, simplified and enhanced design
The update shall come in stages. If prompted for the update, just click "Install now" and follow onscreen instructions. To manually check for updates, go to Settings > About phone > System update > Check for updates.
Before installing the Android 5.1.1 version, charge up the phone to at least 50% and make sure storage has enough memory space. Do not forget to back up files since the update will wipe out all data. The device must be connected to a Wi-Fi.