South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd has raised its production target for the new flagship Galaxy smartphones following positive market reception, the Electronic Times newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Japanese electronics supplier Sharp Corp warned it will slip into its third annual net loss in four years as fierce pricing competition saps sales of smartphone displays, the business line it had been counting on for growth.
Global smartphone leader Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday confirmed expectations for its first annual profit decline since 2011, although a pickup in the fourth quarter hinted that earnings may have stabilized in the short term.
Huawei Technology Co Ltd's [HWT.UL] smartphone sales rose by almost a third to $11.8 billion in 2014, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters, showing the Chinese telecoms firm's continued ascent in the global handset wars.
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd plans to invest $14.7 billion to construct a new chip production plant in South Korea, a major bet on its semiconductor business amid a smartphone earnings slump.
Bigger is better and Apple Inc (AAPL.O) has finally realized that and given iPhone users a product that may be low on novelty but high on improvements, reviewers wrote.
Gregory Lee will be leading the North America Headquarters of Samsung Electronics Co. This will be in addition to his role as the President of Samsung Telecommunications America, the company said in a statement.
Taiwan-based Largan Precision Co has taken Samsung Electronics Co to court for patent infringement regarding its camera lens. The South Korean company allegedly used the Largan's patented lens its Galaxy Note and S series smartphones.
Samsung Electronics Co's newest smartphone would be equipped with a three-sided display that would allow users to view their messages or phone content at various angles, said sources who were familiar with the company plans.
Samsung Electronics Co said it would be increasing its display resolutions via its large-display phones called "fonblets" starting next year.
Nokia Oyj extends its existing patent agreement with the largest mobile phone maker Samsung Electronics Co.
Although Samsung Electronics Co released its projected operating profits for the third quarter, investors were becoming anxious about the company's ability to return cash to its shareholders.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Founder of Globetrotters, Niranjan Shah, on His Background, Success Story, and Philosophy of Getting Ahead
- 3 Scenarios Lear Capital Founder Kevin DeMeritt Says Precious Metals Could Protect Against
- Tips To Increase Your Appointment Setting Conversion Rate in 2022 According to Bruntwork
- Amazon FBA, Shipping, Receiving: Kitting and Assembly Solutions Keeps it All Signed, Sealed and Delivered for a Global Marketplace On the Go
- Investor Brian Condenanza On The Future of Fintech Investing
- What You Need to Know About Business Litigation Law
- Amer Deeba on Cybersecurity and His New Company Normalyze
- The Ultimate Guide to an Employee’s Net Pay