It was confirmed on Monday that Israeli company Ravello was acquired by Oracle for $500 million. Ravello joins Oracle's cloud business with high hopes to take on giant tech companies like IBM, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Some of the best-known technology investors are looking beyond their tried-and-true Internet plays to bet on healthcare data as the next growth market.
Suresnes, France-based therapeutic companion software provider Voluntis landed $29 million (€20.75 million) in its Series D financing round led by Bpifrance Large Venture and Vesalius Biocapital to develop its diabetes management program and expand its US operations.
Austin, US-based startup M87 closed $3 million in its Series A funding round led by Qualcomm Ventures, 21Vianet, and other angel investors to fund its 4G-bandwidth sharing project for mobile networks.
Santa Clara, US-based low-power SoCs (system on a chip) developer Ineda Systems scored $17 million in a Series B funding round led by Walden-Riverwood Ventures to develop products that can be used in wearable devices and Internet of Things (IoT).
Denver, US-based health management firm Welltok secured $22.1 million in a Series C funding round led by New Enterprise Associates to build a new application that will encourage consumers to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Madrid, Spain-based Wi-Fi sharing company Fon nabbed $14 from broadband chip maker Qualcomm Ventures to develop a new device that enables users to share music and broadband signals.
Deck, a cloud-based presentation app based in Bangalore, India, announced that it has raised $600,000 in a seed funding round led by Hotmail co-founder Sabeer Bhatia.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How To Get An Automotive Investment Deal From Venture Capitalists
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.
- Discover the VaaS Technology That Could Help to Keep Your Business Safe
- What are the Benefits of Running a Virtual/Hybrid Investor Event?
- 5 Tips On Managing Your Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms