It was confirmed on Monday that Israeli company Ravello was acquired by Oracle for $500 million. Ravello joins Oracle's cloud business with high hopes to take on giant tech companies like IBM, Google, Microsoft, and Amazon.
Some of the best-known technology investors are looking beyond their tried-and-true Internet plays to bet on healthcare data as the next growth market.
Suresnes, France-based therapeutic companion software provider Voluntis landed $29 million (€20.75 million) in its Series D financing round led by Bpifrance Large Venture and Vesalius Biocapital to develop its diabetes management program and expand its US operations.
Austin, US-based startup M87 closed $3 million in its Series A funding round led by Qualcomm Ventures, 21Vianet, and other angel investors to fund its 4G-bandwidth sharing project for mobile networks.
Santa Clara, US-based low-power SoCs (system on a chip) developer Ineda Systems scored $17 million in a Series B funding round led by Walden-Riverwood Ventures to develop products that can be used in wearable devices and Internet of Things (IoT).
Denver, US-based health management firm Welltok secured $22.1 million in a Series C funding round led by New Enterprise Associates to build a new application that will encourage consumers to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Madrid, Spain-based Wi-Fi sharing company Fon nabbed $14 from broadband chip maker Qualcomm Ventures to develop a new device that enables users to share music and broadband signals.
Deck, a cloud-based presentation app based in Bangalore, India, announced that it has raised $600,000 in a seed funding round led by Hotmail co-founder Sabeer Bhatia.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Joe Biden Lambasted Online for Bragging Supreme Court 'Didn't Stop' Him From Canceling Student Loan Debt
- Oil Prices Continue to Fall as Dollar Strengthens, Inflation Fears Grow
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- AT&T Offers Credit to Customers Affected by Network Outage
- Red Sea Attacks by Houthi Rebels Affect Most UK Exporters, Survey Shows
- Build Club Founder Annie Liao Is Among Those Australians Who Quit Their Jobs to Chase the $1.8 Trillion AI Sector
- Paramount Studios Possibly Put Under Credit Rating Downgrade Amid Cash Flow Challenges
- Change Healthcare Hit by Cyberattack: UnitedHealth Says Government-Backed Hackers Are Behind It