Brexit is expected to impact Britain's economy in a more negative way. If UK gets out of European Union (EU), it would generate $700 million (GBP 500million) gas and power bills additionally per annum. Energy Secretary Amber Rudd has cautioned that Britain's energy security at risk in the wake of Brexit.
The strengthening of Yen is eroding the value of Japan's exports to the US. Its overall exports volume was flat, while the value declined over four percent owing to rising Yen.
Scottish First Prime Minister Nicola Sturgeon said in an interview that the country’s economy remains strong even amid challenges that she acknowledges. She expects that the huge deficit would be manageable after separation.
B.C. clean-tech companies have requested Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to allocate a $500 million venture capital (VC) fund. An alliance comprising 51 clean-tech and investment firms from B.C. province has written a letter to the Prime Minister Trudeau to extend support to clean-tech industry.
India seeks investments from United Arab Emirates (UAE) in oil, aviation and infrastructure segments. Abu Dhabi is also keen on developing projects in India. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, is on an official tour in India.
British Prime Minister pledged £20 million to fund English classes for Muslim women migrants in hopes to solve extremism.
The five year ban on holding public office for Silvio Berlusconi was upheld but reduced from five years to two years.
Critics say the UK Prime Minister's Home to Buy scheme would only push home prices higher than expected.
Mykola Azarov, the Ukranian PM, assured Russia that the EU agreements are no threat to Russia.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop