Pfizer today confirmed that the company has increased the price of some of its drugs although it was not revealed how many drugs are involved with the price hike. According to a data by Wolters Kluwer which revealed that more than 100 types of drugs has been increased in its price starting on January 1st.
Pfizer Inc. has failed again in enforcing its intellectual property rights in India. The giant pharmaceutical's patent on its rheumatoid arthritis drug, Tofacitinib, was rejected in the country.
Healthcare companies on a seven-year tear have been top performers so far in 2015, helping to push broad stock indexes to record levels, but traders are now looking to protect themselves from a selloff as they await major earnings reports in the sector.
Biogen Idec Inc has seen its market value quadruple in three years to more than $100 billion on the back of its successful multiple sclerosis drugs. Now it has new ambitions in its sights.
Pfizer Inc is moving into the gene therapy space in the latest sign that the technology for fixing faulty genes may finally be ready for prime time, following earlier setbacks.
Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) reported stronger-than-expected quarterly results, helped by growing sales of its cancer drugs and demand for its medicines in emerging markets, but did not signal any acquisition plans following its recent failed efforts to buy rival British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc (AZN.L).
The deal between Pfizer and AstraZeneca to acquire its London based business were halted with no plans to resume said sources who spoke in condition of anonymity as the matter was held private in nature.
Pharma giants Novartis International AG and Merck & Co. Inc. are reportedly negotiating an asset trade of about $5 billion each. Novartis wants to exchange its animal health and human vaccines businesses for Merck's over-the-counter health products unit.
Pfizer Ltd, the Indian unit of U.S. drug maker Pfizer Inc, is to take over local affiliate Wyeth Ltd. Shareholders of Wyeth will get seven Pfizer Ltd shares for every 10 shares held.
A Saturday announcement revealed that Pfizer Ltd, Pfizer Inc's Indian unit, would be merging with its local affiliate Wyeth Ltd after both pharmaceutical firms' boards approved the deal.
Pharmaceutical companies Novartis and Pfizer showing interest in Onyx
U.S. Senator John Kerry and his wife intend to divest holdings in dozens of companies to avoid conflicts of interest if he is confirmed as U.S. secretary of state
Jeff Kindler, the former chief executive of Pfizer Inc, has joined venture capital firm Lux Capital as a partner.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop