Online video sharing, YouTube, announced that they hired MTV’s former president of programming, Susanne Daniels, as vice president to YouTube Originals. Basically, the target is to generate more original online programs on the website.
U.S. media company Viacom Inc (VIAB.O) said it will undertake a restructuring, including cutting jobs, abandoning some acquired titles and reorganizing three of its domestic network groups into two new organizations, to drive growth.
Mumbai, India-based big data analytics startup Germin8 pocketed $3 million in its first funding round from Kalaari Capital to expand internationally and fuel sales, marketing, branding, and product development activities.
Sydney, Australia-based music streaming firm Spotify snapped up Somerville, US-based music discovery engine The Echo Nest for an undisclosed amount to create an improved music discovery service for its clients.
Newcastle-based tech firm Three Motion Media has invested GBP150,000 to set up a brand that will help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the healthcare sector gain access to high quality yet affordable training courses.
San Francisco-based recruiting startup getTalent's founder Abraham Shafi told TechCrunch that his company was just acquired by job website Dice, but financial terms of the said deal were not disclosed.
Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, and other performers of the 2013 Music Television Video Music Awards saw a spike in iTunes charts and singles, album sales.
Viacom doubled up its stock buyback program to US$20 billion which resulted in a surge in the company's shares.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Forget the kitties - cryptocelebrities are the latest blockchain money spinner
- OUKITEL Engineers Team Endorse for the 10000mAh K7, To Make the Best large battery smartphone
- Debt in the US: Is the Government Setting a Bad Example for All of Us?
- OUKITEL K7 is Coming soon: 10000mAh battery with 18:9 diaplay
- How Fintech Is Changing The Shape Of The Market
- Was Currencies Direct a Good Buy?
- Will ICOs Signal the End of the VC Industry?
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM