Hewlett-Packard Enterprise reported its quarterly result on Thursday. The company booked a better than expected revenue and profit, but its earning fell by negative currency impacts.
HP's business started to tatter since inception of Meg Whitman in 2011. In 2013, Bloomberg has named her as one of the ‘Most Underachieving CEO’ in the corporate world. To hold HP in its business path, she has spit HP into two independent entities which is believed to reduce her pay package by 13% compared to the previous year.
HP will be split into two entities as Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Co. and HP Inc. It will be completed on Nov. 1. The restructure will slash 30,000 jobs. HP Board of Directors announced in a news release its split into two independent firms; HP Inc. and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. HP Inc. will operate the company's printing and personal systems businesses. Alongside, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise will focus on technology solutions including Software and Financial Services, Enterprise Group, and Enterprise Services.
Hewlett-Packard Co's (HPQ.N) Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman appeared to be banking on growth markets like 3D printing and a trickle back in PC sales when she announced on Monday a spin-off for the company's computer and printing business. But some on Wall Street are skeptical.
San Francisco, US-based startup studio Expa, which was created by Uber founder Garrett Camp, raised $50 million in funding from big-time investors to provide seed funding for startups.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) Co Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman's recent email to its over 300,000 employees had stressed the need for the company to work harder and regain the top spot in the corporate technology services market.
In a meeting with analysts, HP CEO Meg Whitman said she is confident of the firm's direction with an expectation that revenues would stabilize in the long run.
Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman appointed several new people on board the computer manufacturer as further deterioration of HP's PC division dissatisfied investors.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It