Despite a disappointing Thanksgiving weekend, U.S. holiday sales may squeak by expectations if steeper and longer-running discounts lure enough shoppers.
US-based search giant Google got mocked by several netizens yesterday after it launched the Scraper Report, a tool that fights content stealing, because according to them, the company itself is practicing web scraping.
The single largest stock holding of Soros Fund Management in the fourth quarter is Israeli drugmaker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Reuters reported citing a February 14 filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Soros Fund Management sold the stake it held in retailer JC Penney, liquidating 19.98 million shares, in the final quarter of last year, Reuters reported citing a regulatory filing.
A Reuters report said hedge fund managers in the US bought and exited from shares of hotly-debated firms like retailer JC Penney, nutrition and weight management company Herbalife Ltd and auction house Sotheby's.
Legg Mason Opportunity Trust Manager Bill Miller said he bought JC Penney debt for a new fund. Miller holds the record of beating the US benchmark for 15 years.
Depending on their risk interpretation of the current debt situation of JCPenney under new CEO Mike Ullman.
Saks Inc Stephen Sadove was appointed to the Board of Directors of JC Penney.
JC Penney named Jan Hodges as the new head of its struggling home goods section
A shareholder at JC Penney sued the struggling retailer over a surprised decision to sell 84 million common stock after assuring its investors that there would be no need to raise capital in the company.
JC Penney shareholder Perry Corp had reduced its stake in the retailer, according to a filing showed on Monday.
JC Penney Co Inc's decision to sell shares caused its stock value to further depreciate.
JC Penney is now deep in plans to increase its cash reserves and financial well-being through loans and other means.
Steven Roth resigned from JC Penney's board after his firm Vornado Realty Trust announced selling its 6.1% stake in the retailer, said a Bloomberg report.
Glenview Capital Management LLC had joined Hayman Capital Management LP in raising its stake in retailer JC Penney even after the departure of Bill Ackman last month.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Elon Musk Mocks Canada's Justin Trudeau by Sharing Real Images of Him in 'Brownface,' Various Costumes, Then Credited Them to AI Tool
- Red Sea Attacks by Houthi Rebels Affect Most UK Exporters, Survey Shows
- AT&T Offers Credit to Customers Affected by Network Outage
- The IRS Proposes Child Tax Credit Expansion To Benefit 16 Million Low-Income Children
- UK PM Rishi Sunak Urges West to Be Bolder About Confiscating Russia's Frozen Assets
- Build Club Founder Annie Liao Is Among Those Australians Who Quit Their Jobs to Chase the $1.8 Trillion AI Sector
- Australia's Finance Department Admits Second Data Leak in 4 Months That Revealed Confidential Information
- Paramount Studios Possibly Put Under Credit Rating Downgrade Amid Cash Flow Challenges