Palo Alto, California-based digital magazine service Flipboard has confirmed with VentureBeat that it is raising a further USD50 million as the second half of its third funding round.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, Colorado-based Seamless Toy Company raised USD2.6 million in a seed round to build a system that allows kids to bring toys to life using science.
US-based crowd-shipping mobile app Friendshippr closed USD670,000 in funding from angel investors in Dubai to connect consumers to Facebook friends who will help transport items for them.
This week, Google rolled out an iPad-focused update to its Gmail for mobile apps, which can be downloaded for free in the Apple iTunes Store.
San Francisco-based mobile gaming powerhouse TinyCo landed USD20 million in a funding round from Pinnacle Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz, to be used for the development of its iOs and Android games.
The amount of USD6 million was raised by Flint Mobile from its capital investors.
Stuart Jeffrey, Nomura Equity Research's analyst, said BlackBerry would be lucky to receive bids higher than USD12 to USD13, even from an "optimistic buyer."
Analysts said there's nothing wrong with Apple grabbing the silver medal since it also took a third of the global market share.
BlackBerry lost its third place position in a race for major smartphone platforms.
Microsoft launched a new tool that would help it increase the number of apps in its mobile platform.
BlackBerry began testing its BlackBerry Messenger services on Android and iOS devices.
Android posted a massive increase in the latest quarterly report for tablets, while Apple's iOS continued to decline.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah