The Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE) has allowed using physical gold and other securities as collateral on futures contracts trading. The move is aimed at increasing volumes and attracting investors from other markets.
The recent devaluation of Chinese currency Yuan has already started creating tremors in the global markets and more precisely in the US economy as it's triggering an imbalance in international trade.
Hong Kong's securities regulator said on Friday it will propose laws boosting cooperation with its foreign counterparts, at a time when the emergence of a number of cross-border fraud and corruption scandals make such collaboration vital.
European banks Deutsche Bank, Barclays and UBS have seen their market share in foreign exchange trading slump in the past year, as U.S. banks led by Citigroup (C.N) grabbed business, according to widely watched industry rankings.
HSBC (HSBA.L) reported a 17 percent fall in annual pretax profit and cut its profitability target, saying allegations its Swiss business had helped customers to dodge taxes had brought shame on the bank.
First thing every morning Bill Hickey turns on the TV to see where the U.S. dollar is trading in the hope it has lost value against the euro and other currencies.
British and U.S. regulators are poised to levy hefty fines on leading banks in a landmark settlement after a year-long global investigation of allegations of collusion and manipulation in the foreign exchange market.
The euro fell to its lowest in nearly a year against a firmer dollar on Monday after the head of the European Central Bank said he was prepared to take action if inflation dropped further, raising expectations of quantitative easing.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc lost more than $1 billion on currency trades during the third quarter, recent regulatory filings show, offering some insight into why the firm, reported its worst quarter in a key trading unit since the financial crisis.
Kuwait's Zain blames the decline in the Sudanese pound as well as other foreign exchange factors for the company's fifth straight decline in quarterly profit.
In a statement, Credit Suisse said it found no evidence of foreign market manipulation.
The following is a discussion on the differences and similarities between forex and stock trading.
Hedging should not be automatically done as this can be studied to make the position more viable in the long run.
Currency risk is based on currency fluctuations of one currency as against another.
Currency hedging requires an understanding of the market (art) and the actual exchange at a given time (science) to be insulated from currency value fluctuations.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Donald Trump Reacts to Vladimir Putin's Comments That He Prefers Joe Biden Over Him in the White House
- Russia's Vladimir Putin Says Russian Scientists Are Close to Creating Cancer Vaccines
- North Korea Is Ready to Boost Bilateral Ties With Japan, Which Just Lost Its Spot as World's Third-Largest Economy
- Kevin Hart's Entertainment Company To Be Led By A Former Warner Bros. Executive
- EU Blacklists North Korea’s Defense Minister, Chinese Firms for First Time in New Sanctions Over Russia's War in Ukraine
- Salt Bae Restaurant Cuts Down Energy Expenses Despite Selling Overpriced Steaks
- Microsoft Catches Hackers From Russia, China, North Korea, Iran Using OpenAI Tools to Improve Their Cyberattacks
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Avoids Taiwan for Foxconn's 50th; COO Attends Instead