Sources said the Oil & Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) would be buying a 12% stake in the Brazilian oil field owned by Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras).
According to Axalta CEO Charlie Shaver, the Carlyle owned paint and coatings firm would benefit from car population increases in Mexico and Brazil.
A Reuters analysis report revealed that Brazil could fail its primary surplus target for 2014 which could downgrade its credit rating.
Azul CEO David Neeleman would be pushing through with an IPO after it cancelled its scheduled IPO last August because of unfavorable market conditions.
ThyssenKrupp AG is reconsidering the sale of its Steel Americas unit, selling off only its US operations.
Today, HIG Capital announced its acquisition for a majority stake in Eletromidia, a leading player in outdoor advertising industry.
Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche told a German newspaper that they would be constructing a new car plant in Brazil.
Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa have all agreed to create a USD100 billion fund as buffer for financial shocks.
Italian investment company Azimut inked a joint venture partnership for Brazil with Legan Administracao de Recursos.
South African Airways and Brazil's TAM Airlines signed a codeshare agreement to increase travelers' access to destinations in both countries.
The latest purchase made by Coca-Cola in Mexico was recently announced after an acquisition spree across three continents was undertaken.
The central bank of Brazil had created an intervention plan of USD60 billion in loans and foreign currency swaps as inflation threatened the country's economy following the plunged of the real to a four year low this week.
Itau Unibanco Holding SA will contest tax charges amounting to BRL18.7 billion (USD7.9 billion).
Oi SA plunged following its announcement about an unexpected loss and reduction of its dividend payment.
A labor rights group reported that the Brazilian government filed a USD108 million lawsuit against Samsung for its labor violations.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lance Armstrong's Next Ventures Raises $24.5 Million Of Expected $75 Million Fundraise
- Implied SPDR S&P MIDCAP 400 ETF Analyst Target Price: $389
- What This Centi-Billionaire Fashion Magnate Can Teach You About Investing
- ADP vs. Paychex: Comparing Key Metrics For The Two Largest Payroll Processing Companies
- After Energy Sector Earnings Plunge In Q1, Hopes Rise For Improved Q2 Performance
- Are Strong Jobs Really Bad For Stocks?
- 4 Price Charts You Should See: Bank Stocks Are Showing Relative Weakness
- Citigroup's $21.5-Billion Capital Return Plan For 2019 Is Slightly Lower Than Its 2018 Plan