London-based Qubit received a Series C funding of $40 million. Goldman Sachs was leading the funding for the big data analytic platform which was announced on Monday.
At a time the financial sector is racing to embrace digital technology to boost sales and drive profits, the traditionally staid insurance industry is in danger of falling behind.
Chris Gould's combine cab is loaded like the cockpit of a fighter jet he used to fly as he harvests soybeans in northern Illinois, steered by satellites, four video screens glowing with up to minute updates about his crop and the work's progress.
StackStorm, specialized in data center maintenance, allows one person to effectively manage thousands of servers opposed to hundreds.
The potential use of big data by insurance firms to create a profile of possible policyholders carries with it advantages and drawbacks, the Financial Times reported.
Smarter Remarketer, an Indiana-based startup focused on behavioral marketing and retail intelligence, has picked up $7 million from Battery Ventures in its most recent funding round, VentureBeat reported.
IBM said it can use big data to forecast when mining equipment will fail, an innovation that can potentially save companies billions of dollars annually, VentureBeat reported.
Corporate Executive Board or CEB has made its third acquisition in the talent management space by purchasing India-based talent analytics company Talent Neuron for anywhere from $10 million to $15 million, TechCrunch reported.
A group of strategic investors which included European utility company E.ON., Foundation Capital and Voyager Capital, led the Series C funding round for AutoGrid Systems which raised $12.75 million.
Jut's big data software applications was the basis for the highly successful Series B financing round at USD20 million.
A USD12 million fund infusion was received by Channel 1Q for it use to accelerate its development.
UPS' new navigation system helps drivers use less fuel.
With more data being created every second, the Cray supercomputer becomes more relevant for the industry.
Ayasdi reported that it has raised US$30.6 million in venture capital funding from Citigroup and GE Capital
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display