ONGC Videsh looked at another energy asset in US while Oil India neared acquisition for an African oil and gas asset.
Warburg Pincus is set to form an investment fund for Delonex Energy and its plans for oil exploration in Africa.
Grupo BTG purchases Petrobras oil interests in Africa.
East African bloc struggled to draw investment from foreign units.
Petrobras is selling off half of its African operations of Petroleo Brasiliero SA.
JPMorgan Asset Management Inc. said that Africa is experiencing a strong growth over its sovereign wealth funds worldwide.
Private equity funds completed $1.16 billion worth of deals in sub-Saharan Africa in 2012
There is a lot of hype and excitement around Africa as the next hot spot for global investors but what they are quickly learning is that acquisitions do not come cheap.
Africa is the next big thing, just ask Bob Geldof and other private equity bankers. The Irish rocker made headlines in February when he announced the launch of his $200 million "8 Mile" fund, a sign the Live Aid organizer had turned from promoting debt forgiveness to private enterprise.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lance Armstrong's Next Ventures Raises $24.5 Million Of Expected $75 Million Fundraise
- Implied SPDR S&P MIDCAP 400 ETF Analyst Target Price: $389
- What This Centi-Billionaire Fashion Magnate Can Teach You About Investing
- ADP vs. Paychex: Comparing Key Metrics For The Two Largest Payroll Processing Companies
- After Energy Sector Earnings Plunge In Q1, Hopes Rise For Improved Q2 Performance
- Are Strong Jobs Really Bad For Stocks?
- 4 Price Charts You Should See: Bank Stocks Are Showing Relative Weakness
- Citigroup's $21.5-Billion Capital Return Plan For 2019 Is Slightly Lower Than Its 2018 Plan