Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based firm Abraaj Group picked up a stake in Casablanca, Morocco-based chocolate manufacturer Kool Food for an undisclosed amount to back the latter's international distribution plans.
Abraaj Capital Ltd said it intends to make one more investment in Turkey after it had acquired an 80% stake in a dairy maker this month, Bloomberg reported.
Matteo Stefanel, a senior partner at emerging markets-focused private equity firm Abraaj Group, has left the company, two banking and industry sources aware of the matter said.
TPG Capital and Abraaj Group had formed a partnership to succeed over KKR & Co. in acquiring a majority stake in fast-food chain Kudu. Kudu has over 200 restaurants located in Saudi Arabia.
Abraaj Group would put an undetermined amount in AIS Group.
The Abraaj Group made its first investment in Cote d'Ivoire to back African Industrial Services Group.
Stanford Asia Holding, a subsidiary of Stanford Marine Group, received a USD 300 million loan facility.
CDC and Abraaj have jointly invested in Rainbow Hospitals.
The Abraaj Group exits its HFC Bank investment after signing an agreement with Republic Bank Limited.
Abraaj Group sells its 50% stake in health insurance provider Acıbadem Sağlık ve Hayat Sigorta.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks