Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for US Cellular’s Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Out Now!
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop's official over-the-air update is live rolling out to US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The much-anticipated update comes with a few tweaks, enhancements, and security patches.
US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 units will receive the 5.1.1 software version of Android Lollipop with baseband version N900R4TYUD0H1. When notified by AT&T that the update is already available, just click "Install Now." Then follow onscreen instructions.
The Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features improvements in Material Design, notification controls, device sharing, and device syncing.
- Material Design. Enjoy a more colorful and fresh new look and feel. Lollipop brings in more fluid animations along with improved apps and personalization options like colors, widgets and themes.
- Notification controls. Worry less because with the new notification controls, users can now adjust settings to sift people and notifications go get through. Users can also directly respond from lock screen when it is important.
- Device sharing. Sharing device can now be done more securely through guest user mode. Create multiple user accounts to allow friends to access device to prevent them from accessing owner's private files. With Android Smart Lock, secure device by pairing it with trusted device like any wearable or even car.
- Device syncing. Apps, song, photos and even recent searches from one Android device can be accessed fully across all other Android devices.
The update comes in stages, which means it will come to some units on a later time. If Google has not released the latest Android Lollipop version yet, go for manual downloading. Here's a quick guide for manual download of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
1. Go to Settings from app tray or pull down menu.
2. Select More.
3. Select About Device.
4. Select Software Update.
5. Follow onscreen instructions.
Make sure that the device is registered to a Google account and is connected to a Wi-Fi.
Other option for download is to use Samsung Kies and USB cable. Here's a quick guide:
1. Connect device to PC using the USB cable.
2. Open Samsung Kies.
3. Click Firmware upgrade to begin installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
4. Follow onscreen instructions to back up data.