- Investor Dan Calugar Discusses Whether the Emergence of Quantum Computing in Algorithmic Trading Is a Game-Changer for Financial Markets
- Meet Grant Conner: The Eco-Friendly Gold Supplier Revolutionizing the Jewelry Industry
- MBD Financials: The Revolutionary Platform Redefining How We Harness the Digital Age to Empower Others
UniCredit may sell indirect stake in AS Roma
Italy's UniCredit bank announced a possible sale of its indirect stake in football team Associazione Sportiva (AS) Roma. No decision has been reached at present, according to Reuters.
According to Italian daily Il Sole 24 Ore on Thursday, a Chinese investor was set to purchase the stake in the holding company that controls Roma. This would be done through a reserved capital increase to dilute the shares of the current shareholders. The Italian daily also said business tycoon Wang Jianlin could be that investor, the report stated.
In a statement, UniCredit said: "At present no decision on the stake has been taken. (UniCredit) confirms that the asset is not strategic and would be available to consider possible opportunities to extract value from it."
AS Roma is a professional Italian football club that was founded in 1927. The team is currently based in Rome, according to its web profile.
NEEP Roma Holding is AS Roma's holding company. UniCredit owns a 30% stake in NEEP Roma. The remaining 70% is owned by US investors, Reuters reported.
Join the Conversation