Issues over tax payments and retrenchment of workers caused Konkola Copper Mines to seek court intervention.
Royal Dutch Shell South Africa GM Jan Willem Eggink confirmed the well drilling as well as the conduct of an environmental impact study.
Exclusive rights to supply material provided by Anglo American Plc's formalized.
G4S Chief Executive Ashley Almanza had launched several company restructuring moves, including a divestment of its 35 business units.
The use of smaller 20 centiliter bottles is sought to be the key to cornering the emerging African market.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Thursday.
ConocoPhillips sold various oil assets located in Northern America, Asia and Africa.
Beijing-based wind farm operator China Longyuan Power Group Corp won a bid to jointly develop wind farms with local companies in South Africa.
In nixing the deal to allow the exit of Marathon Oil, a below market offer would be made shortly by the Libya owned NOC for the shareholdings.
News about Ophir's asset sale in Tanzania caused the oil and gas explorer's shares to rise.
According to UAE Financial Markets Association President Mohammed Al Hashemi, the potential merger of the Dubai Financial Markets and Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange would create opportunities to boost investor capital in the United Arab Emirates.
A Chamber of Mines report said with enough investment and stable mining policies, South Africa could compete with Russia for the recognition as the second largest platinum producer.
The partnership of Deere Co., DuPont Co., and the Howard G. Buffett Foundation would undergo its first project in Ghana's cocoa production region.
Kenyan retailer Naivas said that it had ended its talks with Massmart, a Wal-Mart Stores Inc. subsidiary in East Africa.
The Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd or Chalco had announced the sale of its shareholdings in the Guinea venture with Rio Tinto.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lance Armstrong's Next Ventures Raises $24.5 Million Of Expected $75 Million Fundraise
- Implied SPDR S&P MIDCAP 400 ETF Analyst Target Price: $389
- What This Centi-Billionaire Fashion Magnate Can Teach You About Investing
- ADP vs. Paychex: Comparing Key Metrics For The Two Largest Payroll Processing Companies
- After Energy Sector Earnings Plunge In Q1, Hopes Rise For Improved Q2 Performance
- Are Strong Jobs Really Bad For Stocks?
- 4 Price Charts You Should See: Bank Stocks Are Showing Relative Weakness
- Citigroup's $21.5-Billion Capital Return Plan For 2019 Is Slightly Lower Than Its 2018 Plan