London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Google launches Star Wars VR experience on Cardboard
- Evergrande Bought 50% of Great Eastern Life Assurance for Share 3.9 billion yuan to diversify into insurance
- U.S Government Is Putting Huge Effort To Pace Up With The Surging Demand Of Weapons
- Blue Origin's rocket returns safely after space flight; Jeff Bezos sees suborbital flights by 2017
- Morocco to build the world’s largest solar power plant
- Fake Product Reviews Influence The Online Sale: Are The Customers In Arrest Of This Festive Manipulation?
- Are smartphones the new killing machine? Road accidents caused by not-so-smart phone users
- Billionaire Liu Yiqian Buys $170 Million Painting: 'Reclining Nude' allows him to fly first class for free