London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Twitter assuages growth concerns for now as shares soar 35 percent
- Top 20 African tech startups, PesaPal, mobile services providers in the lead
- Top 5 most useful business apps to get the job done
- Top US Universities with Highest Earning Power: Private Schools Lead Past Caltech, Stanford, Harvard in Payscale
- [Sponsor Post] How to Transfer Contacts, Messages from Android to Computer
- Amazon, Twitter, Instagram Bank on Their Logos for Success: What Makes them Standout
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Time almost up for Argentina to avoid debt default