London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Energy, tech shares lead Wall Street higher at open
- China says U.S. appropriations bill violates rules, sends bad signal
- Sony Pictures warns staff on fraudsters misusing stolen data
- Chinese developer Dalian Wanda seen pricing HK IPO in top half-IFR
- Sony hacking highlights challenge to CEO Hirai's 'One Sony' vision
- Volvo to launch online car sales in marketing shift
- U.S. factory production accelerates in sign of economy's strength
- IMF says Argentina meets targets for more accurate data