London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Saudi Prince Al-Waleed buys some Lyft shares for $148mln
- The Most Lucrative Small Business Industries To Try In 2016
- Microsoft Announced Partnerships With 74 Android Device Makers
- Mitsubishi to invest P4.3 billion in Philippine market
- Silicon Valley Startup Actev Motors Launch a Smart Go Kart for Kids
- DFJ Raises $350 Million Fund As Its 12th Fund
- Steve Cohen's hedge fund investing in trading talent
- 107 Yahoo Employees Received Layoff Notice As Part of The Planned 1,500 Job Cuts