London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The $40 billion jet buying spree - IndiGo's big bet
- Venezuela music project helps low-income kids even before birth
- Investor group aims to buy Adidas' Reebok unit
- Qatar to buy $616 million stake in HK department store operator
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- Banks to get instruction manual for submitting Libor quotes
- Japan's Fujifilm says to make Avigan anti-flu drug for more Ebola patients
- China's companies, billionaires must step up to fight Ebola: WFP