London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Coca-Cola to buy 29 percent stake in Indonesian unit for $500 million
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Android co-founder Andy Rubin to leave Google
- Daimler, VW dampen speculation about imminent CEO succession
- Fujifilm cautious on Avigan profitability, eyes Ebola spread
- Japan's Rakuten Inc launches cheap smartphone service
- At Brazil auto show, industry wonders if it can get any worse
- Samsung Electronics seeks China comeback with first metallic smartphones