London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Costco ties up with Citigroup, Visa for U.S. co-branded cards
- Herbalife cuts pay of CEO Johnson 36 percent after missed targets
- IEX hires ex-NYSE regulator as it readies to be a stock exchange
- Barnes & Noble to keep Nook business, spin off college books unit
- Reality hits North Dakota's pricey apartment market; rents drop
- HBO in talks with Apple to launch video streaming service: report
- Premature to talk about third Greek bailout: EU's Juncker
- China says Sri Lanka loans made 'based on consensus'