London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Google tests airborne drones to deliver goods
- Apple planning 12.9-inch iPad for 2015: Bloomberg
- New iPhones expected at Sept. 9 Apple event
- Abercrombie to shed logo-centric clothes in North America
- Chipmaker CSR rejects Microchip approach, shares soar
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- SoftBank's first Sony smartphone deal takes aim at U.S. market
- South Korea's Daum, Kakao shareholders approve merger