London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Norwest Venture Partners Expands Presence With New Investment Team Hire and Office in San Francisco
- BNY Mellon China JV gets regulator approval for exit of U.S. partner
- Boeing and Chinese partner to make jet fuel from 'gutter oil'
- AMC Networks buys 49.9 percent stake in BBC America
- Lockheed, Pentagon reach $4 billion deal for more F-35 jets
- Digital River to be acquired by investor group for $840 million
- Apple ponders sapphire options, leaves door open for GT
- Delphi Automotive looking to sell thermal unit for $1 billion