London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- China’s DJI drones flying high among U.S. companies
- France tells cigarette companies to use plain packs
- New Zealand says Canada must get serious on Pacific trade pact
- Airbus needs more time to decide on A380 changes: paper
- Russia gas deal would not solve Greece's problems: Schaeuble
- IMF nations point to exchange rate, geopolitical risks
- Germany to raise growth forecasts next week: sources
- Google's EU showdown offers openings to competitors