London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Netflix profit doubles on U.S., foreign subscriber growth
- China says to crack down on pornography in mobile apps
- Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business
- Production halted at Samsung China supplier amid child labor probe
- Sony invests in image sensor production amid 'selfie' boom
- Fighting flares in Ukraine as crash investigators arrive
- Apple margin concerns fade, focus shifts to iPhone launch
- TalkTalk attracts 185,000 new customers to its family TV offer