London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Soros says ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine if West helps
- Berkshire's Buffett says Grexit 'may not be bad' for euro zone: CNBC
- Ackman says shutting Herbalife down is key to him
- Taiwan, Norway seek to join China-backed AIIB, Japan still cautious
- Mercedes to launch a pickup truck outside the United States
- Harsh weather cripples fishing and tourism on Cameroon's coast
- Shakespeare's Globe theaters sets stage for new funding for culture
- Wall St. retreats but S&P, Nasdaq post quarterly gains