London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Germany boosts onshore wind capacity by record amount in 2014
- U.S. FCC warns against blocking personal Wi-Fi access
- Greece should follow EU line on Russia: EU's Schulz
- Sunac China to buy 49.3 percent stake in troubled developer Kaisa: Caixin
- Oil surges 8 percent as U.S. rig count plunges, shorts scramble
- Huawei says consumer business group targets $16 billion revenue
- Qatar Airways takes $1.7 billion stake in British Airways-owner IAG
- OPEC oil output rises in January as key members stand firm: survey