London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Charter Communications nears $55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable - sources
- FCC looks to crack down on robocalls, robotexts
- ECB's Visco says deflation fears eased but asset purchases must go on
- Oil drops below $65 on U.S. shale outlook, dollar
- Russia to adopt tough position if Ukraine defaults: PM Medvedev
- CBS CEO said met with Apple to discuss TV deal
- Strong dollar hits Tiffany's quarterly sales
- Amazon pays $16 million tax in Germany, while making $11.9 billion sales