London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Tinder all set for an IPO in late 2015, says parent company IAC; Joey Levin named as IAC's new CEO
- Breaking the glass ceiling in China: How Zhou Qunfei of Lens Technology became the only self-made richest woman in China
- Mexican government hikes dollar auction by almost 4 folds; holds rates
- Will $500-billion buying support restore normalcy in Chinese market?
- Chime Communications board okays GBP365M cash offer
- Not a quick fix: A raise in fast-food hourly wages to $15 leads to 4% increase of product prices- study
- Victoria's Secret is losing $9B for casting out plus-size lingerie
- Yemeksepeti CEO in Turkey gives out $27M to employees after sale