London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- August showed Increase in Personal Spending and Income
- Russia warns Ukraine, EU over free-trade pact
- BMW launches automated driving project in China with Baidu
- U.S. GDP third Estimation after terrible Winter at 4.6 Percent
- Norwegian Instagram rival to launch child safe tablet with Microsoft
- China regulator approves Apple's iPhone 6 for sale in China
- Wall St. ends down on Hong Kong tensions, Ford outlook
- Chinese e-cigarette maker Kimree files for U.S. IPO