London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Herbalife shares tumble on Nu Skin's lower forecast; Ackman continues his allegations
- SunEdison layoff affects more than 1000 employees
- Facebook to launch satellite in 2016 to give Internet access to remote places
- Monsanto to cut 2,600 jobs, buyback shares
- 2015 Nobel Prize in Medicine awarded to 3 scientists for drug discoveries from nature
- Airbus calls off talks with Bombardier on C-Series Jet project
- US firms stash $2.1tn overseas to skip tax at home
- Bill Gross sees further 10% drop in US stocks