London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Teen retailer Forever 21 turns to outside investors for $150M loan
- The Internet of Things is worth $7T market opportunity - IDC
- China-based Internet entrepreneurs back Tesla rival NextEV
- Schlumberger announces merger offer with oilfield maker Cameron
- Smart watch war: Huawei versus Apple Watch
- August sell-off leaves William Ackman's hedge fund with flat gain in 2014 so far
- China manufacturing woes continue: PMI index slips below 50 pts
- HANA Vora, new tool from SAP, helps customers mend data deluge