London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- HTC Desire Eye on AT&T to receive Android 5.0 update; Other HTC models to follow throughout 2015
- Cuba, an Internet laggard, opens Wi-Fi hotspots across country
- Novartis buys pain drug firm Spinifex for $200 million upfront
- PayPal to buy digital money transfer provider Xoom
- Oil hits three-week lows as Greek crisis worsens; eyes on Iran
- Fiat Chrysler executive acknowledges recall issues, vows improvement
- Airbnb closes in on $1.5 billion fundraising
- Dollar firms before payrolls, Greece unease simmers