London, UK-based Video-on-Demand (Vod) service Screenburn raised $500,000 (£302,000) in an angel funding round to fuel its expansion for 2014 and to continue monetizing the presence of music and film artists on Facebook.
Canadian music legend Neil Young launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter with a funding goal of $800,000 for his portable music player called Pono that enhances the quality of digitized music files.
New York City, US-based music publisher Reservoir Media Management picked up the music catalogue of Ireland-based First State Media Group for an undisclosed amount to increase its list to 75,000 songs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Food companies, restaurants add protein to beef up profits
- Alibaba issues additional shares to raise IPO total to $25 billion: report
- The Trendlines Group Ltd. Files Final Prospectus and Announces Pricing for Initial Public Offering of Ordinary Shares
- Philanthropies, including Rockefellers and Investors pledge $50 billion fossil fuel divestment
- UK's EE to buy 58 stores from Phones 4u for 2.5 million pounds
- U.S. asset manager Fortress seeks more Japan hotel investments amid tourism boom
- Kinder Morgan builds out Gulf Coast logistics hub in U.S. oil boom