Shares in Cheil Industries Inc (028260.KS), the de facto holding company of Samsung Group, doubled on its debut on Thursday in the latest in a series of steps toward generational succession for South Korea's largest conglomerate.
Movie maker Lions Gate Entertainment Corp executives last summer tried to meet with Sony Corp CEO Kazuo Hirai to discuss a possible merger or acquisition, according to emails found in documents stolen by hackers.
Greece's future in the euro zone may hang in the balance once more, but investors believe the market fallout from any current political turbulence can be insulated, unlike during the region's sovereign debt crisis of 2012.
Chinese Internet giant Baidu Inc (BIDU.O) agreed to buy a stake in Uber as the online car-hailing service seeks to gain ground on rivals with powerful backers in one of the world's biggest transportation markets.
Anglo American Platinum has received a 4.5 billion rand ($385 million) offer for its 49 percent stake in the Bokoni mine in northeast South Africa, a source said on Wednesday, pushing its shares higher.
The global economy is ending the year in a fragile state with factory activity shrinking in China, euro zone business growth remaining weak, and emerging market giant Russia in a spiraling currency crisis.
U.S. automaker Chrysler Group LLC said it had changed its name to FCA US LLC effective immediately to follow the naming convention of its parent Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) NV (FCAU.N).
Late on Monday night Russia's central bank governor wrung out an agreement with her officials to impose the country's biggest rate hike since the financial crisis of 1998 -- with the approval of President Vladimir Putin.
Deutsche Bank AG (DBKGn.DE) said it would review its strategy in 2015 after a business magazine said it was considering major changes, possibly including the sale of its Postbank-branded (DPBGn.DE) retail unit and a revision of its profit targets.
Nissan Motor Co Ltd (7201.T) said on Wednesday it has ordered the recall of more than 80,000 vehicles sold in Mexico to check for potential defects stemming from air bags made by Japanese company Takata Corp (7312.T).
China's JD.com Inc (JD.O) has partnered Gap Inc (GPS.N) to sell the U.S. clothing retailer's apparel online in China, as the Beijing-based e-commerce company goes head to head with Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA.N) to woo big foreign fashion names.
Boeing Co (BA.N) will deliver a record 754 commercial aircraft in 2015, an increase of up to 5.5 percent, the U.S. Aerospace Industries Association forecast on Wednesday, reflecting expectations of steadily rising production at the world's biggest plane maker.
A top Herbalife salesman said that most people who sell the company's weight loss and nutrition products are doomed to fail, adding fresh grist to accusations by a hedge fund manager that the company is a fraud.
The ruble weakened against the dollar and euro on Thursday with traders saying President Vladimir Putin had so far offered no concrete measures to pull Russia out of a crisis at his end-of-year news conference.
Brent crude held steady above $61 a barrel on Thursday, bringing a sharp drop in prices to a temporary halt as companies are forced to cut upstream investments around the world.
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday offered a strong signal that it was on track to raise interest rates sometime next year, altering a pledge to keep rates near zero for a "considerable time" in a show of confidence in the U.S. economy.
Air bag maker Takata Corp (7312.T) has sufficient funds to deal with a global recall that has climbed to about 21 million vehicles after five deaths linked to its products, the company executive told the Nikkei newspaper.
Asian share markets rallied on Thursday after U.S. stocks enjoyed their strongest session this year when the Federal Reserve sounded upbeat on the economy and promised to be patient in removing policy stimulus.
Brazilian tycoon Abilio Diniz is in talks with Carrefour SA about buying a stake in the French retailer's Brazilian unit, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Wednesday.
Veracode, a cyber security company that helps companies protect Internet applications from hackers, has selected underwriters to lead a potential initial public offering that could value it between $600 million and $800 million, according to people close to the matter.
Amgen Inc on Wednesday said its new type of treatment for a deadly form of leukemia would cost about $178,000 when it becomes available on Thursday, which would make it one of the world's most expensive cancer drugs.
New York state will ban hydraulic fracturing after a long-awaited report concluded that the oil and gas extraction method poses health risks, Governor Andrew Cuomo's administration said on Wednesday.
- Deutsche Bank says to review strategy, no comment on Postbank sale report
- China's JD.com to sell Gap clothing, vying with Alibaba to woo Western brands
- Tycoon Diniz in talks to buy part of Carrefour's Brazil unit
- Amplats gets $385 million offer for Bokoni mine stake
- Security software maker Veracode taps banks for IPO
- Samsung's Cheil doubles upon debut after $1.4 billion listing
- Unable to pay salaries, Afghanistan asks donors for more money
- Uber in talks to sell over $1 billion in convertible debt
- Massive white truffle to be sold at New York auction
- Intel acquires Canadian IT security firm PasswordBox
- Crimeans should pay back loans to Ukrainian banks: Russia
- Chinese team arrives in Liberia to staff Ebola clinic
- Top Herbalife salesman acknowledges high failure rate in video
- U.S. slaps hefty duties on solar goods from China, Taiwan
- Uber says only some employees have access to 'God View'
- Apple wins digital music U.S. antitrust trial
- No credible sign of plot on theaters over Sony movie: U.S. officials
- U.S. faces tough questions in Apple e-books antitrust appeal
- Arab woman aims to blaze a trail in Israel's high-tech sector
- Amazon workers strike in Germany as Christmas orders peak
- ECB Draghi: Relationship of financial fragmentation and monetary policy & the Eurosystem’s collateral framework
- Weekly Economic Recap: US Growth performance in line with projections; UK Growth and inflation forecasts lowered; Japan GDP data takes centre stage
- Economics Monitor
- Entrepreneur, 13, gets Intel funding for low-cost Braille printer
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Sony Pictures warns staff on fraudsters misusing stolen data
- World set to end year in brittle economic state
- Russian ruble suffers steepest drop in 16 years
- Diverse allies rally for Microsoft in overseas data fight
- Insurer Delta Lloyd sells Belgian bank to China's Anbang
- Oil slumps near $59 for first time since 2009 on oversupply
- U.S. housing starts fall, but trend points to recovery
- Legoland operator Merlin puts blocks in place for growth