Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Monday he would discuss with the Chinese government recent technology policy moves that Washington has complained constitute unfair regulatory pressure on foreign firms.
The state of the U.S. labor market in March will consume economists and investors in the week leading up to Easter, adding to the seesaw debate over when the Federal Reserve will spring its first interest rate hike.
The euro fell on Monday, hurt by uncertainty over whether Greece and its international creditors will be able to strike a deal that will help Athens secure funding before it runs out of money by April 20.
Germany's BMG music rights company said on Monday it had signed a music digital distribution deal with China's Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, as the world's largest e-commerce firm firms up its bid to become a digital media empire.
Ethiopia's state-run telecoms monopoly has launched a fourth generation (4G) mobile service in the capital Addis Ababa, aiming to catch up with the high-speed communications available in some east African neighbors such as Kenya and Uganda.
Oil prices fell on Monday as officials from Iran and six world powers discussed a possible deal over Tehran's nuclear program that could bring an end to sanctions and allow an increase in Iranian oil exports.
Takahide Kiuchi often appears a lone voice of dissent on the Bank of Japan board as his proposals to change key elements of its massive monetary stimulus are consistently voted down, but two years into the policy he is looking increasingly prescient.
Oil settled down for a second straight session on Monday as Iran and six world powers tried to negotiate a deal on Tehran's nuclear program that could end Western sanctions and allow the OPEC member to ship more crude into an already flooded market.
Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries said it would buy U.S. neurology drug company Auspex Pharmaceuticals Inc for an equity value of $3.5 billion to boost its portfolio of treatments for the central nervous system.
American International Group Inc (AIG.N) Chairman Robert "Steve" Miller intends to step down in July after five years in the role, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Hedge fund mogul William Ackman, who has spent more than two years accusing Herbalife Ltd (HLF.N) of running a pyramid scheme, said on Monday that shutting down the company is "one of the most important things" he can do.
U.S. stocks climbed more than 1 percent on Monday, rebounding from a sharp decline last week, helped by deal activity in healthcare and a bounce in energy shares.
For over 15 years, Raoul Meno has been fishing the waters off the coastal town of Kribi in southern Cameroon. He has sometimes had to face down storms and high seas to bring home a catch to support his family. But now, he is scared.
Japan's industrial output fell in February at the fastest pace in eight months due to declines in production of machinery, cars and electronics in a worrying sign that domestic demand could be faltering.
Japan's Fujifilm Holdings Corp (4901.T) said on Monday it has agreed to acquire U.S. biotechnology firm Cellular Dynamics International Inc (CDI) (ICEL.O) for $307 million.
China's Guangdong Rising Assets Management [GDRAM.UL] launched a fresh $850 million bid to buy copper and gold miner PanAust Ltd (PNA.AX), but priced its offer at a quarter less than 10 months ago, underscoring the rout in mineral commodities.
Ford Motor Co (F.N) will resurrect the Lincoln Continental as its top-of-the line luxury sedan, betting the classic name will help rebuild the brand's image in the United States and China.
UnitedHealth Group unit OptumRx Corp agreed to buy pharmacy benefit manager Catamaran Corp in a deal worth $12.78 billion.
When General Motors Co (GM.N) takes the wraps off its new Cadillac CT6 on Tuesday the most important thing about the vehicle could be what is under its skin.
Dufry AG (DUFN.S) has fleshed out plans for its takeover of Italy's World Duty Free SpA (WDF) (WDF.MI), as the Swiss company seeks to consolidate its position as the biggest player in the fast-growing airport retail sector.
Greece has not given up on its aim to renegotiate its debt to render it manageable, the country's deputy finance minister said on Monday as talks between Athens and its lenders on reforms to unlock aid continue.
Asian stock markets rose on Monday, with China stocks nearing a seven-year peak on hopes for more infrastructure spending and policy stimulus, while oil prices suffered further from excess supply.
- Teva to buy U.S. drug developer Auspex Pharma for $3.5 billion
- Japan's Fujifilm agrees to buy Cellular Dynamics for $307 million
- China's Guangdong Rising makes new, lower bid for PanAust
- UnitedHealth Group to buy Catamaran for $12.78 billion
- China's Alibaba signs digital distribution deal with music rights group BMG
- Dufry details $4 billion fundraising plan for WDF buy
- Shakespeare's Globe theaters sets stage for new funding for culture
- Pinterest's latest funding round values it at $11 billion: WSJ
- Snapchat seeks new funding at up to $19 billion valuation: Bloomberg
- IMF grants $100 million debt relief to Ebola-hit countries
- Gates, UK take lead in $7.5 billion pledge for children's vaccines
- Gates foundation sees huge gains against disease, poverty by 2030
- Employer incentives for U.S. worker wellness programs set record
- U.S. jury says Motorola infringed one Intellectual Ventures patent
- Italy prosecutors wrap up tax probe into Apple
- SEC to allow shareholder vote on Wal-Mart independent chairman
- U.S. regulators give Amazon go-ahead for drone tests
- Washington state mulls steep tax, other restrictions on e-cigarettes
- Apple's Tim Cook will give away all his money: Fortune
- Charlie Sparks: A Sorcerer's Tale Book Review: An Odyssey to the Colorful Magical World of Silver Springs
- Benedict XVI on 2nd year after resignation, Pope Francis grateful for smooth transition
- 5 Reasons Why Grammar Nazis are the Worst
- Steve Jobs bio says Disney CEO kept Jobs' condition a secret: Bloomberg
- New World Order Distracts Catholicism, Islam for World Domination - Illuminati and Satanic Rites