Emirates Airline [EMIRA.UL] President Tim Clark plans talks with officials in Washington in two weeks' time to help formulate its response to allegations by U.S. airlines of unfair subsidies awarded to Gulf airlines, he said on Thursday.
The largest U.S. banks and their foreign rivals are facing a tough two-step check-up of their financial health by the Federal Reserve, forcing the firms to get a far better grip on how they measure risk.
Britain is ready to force the sale of Russian oligarch Mikhail Fridman's recently acquired North Sea energy assets unless it receives unspecified assurances within the next week, Prime Minister David Cameron's spokesman said on Thursday.
Malaysia's indebted and controversy-ridden state investor 1MDB will be left as a skeletal structure and possibly dissolved under a debt repayment plan in which most of its assets will be sold, sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.
The French government loaned Egypt 3.2 billion euros to finance the recent multibillion-euro purchase of French military equipment, Egypt's president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said in an interview on al-Arabiya TV on Saturday.
Brent crude future prices rose above $61 a barrel on Thursday, as investors brushed aside bearish U.S. inventories data to focus on the lack of a deal in talks over Iran's nuclear program.
German carmaker Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) will next week announce an investment worth around $1 billion in Mexico to expand its Puebla plant, a person familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment aid last week rose to its highest level since May, but economists dismissed the increase as weather-related and said the jobs market remained solid.
New orders for U.S. factory goods unexpectedly fell in January, posting their sixth straight monthly decline, a sign of weakness in the manufacturing sector.
U.S. stocks closed modestly higher in light trading on Thursday as investors held back on big bets ahead of Friday's jobs report, which is expected to be a big factor in influencing the timing of a Federal Reserve interest rate hike.
Oil closed lower on Thursday in volatile trade, as a soaring dollar and the U.S. pursuit of an Iranian nuclear deal offset earlier gains from supply concerns in Libya and Iraq.
China will boost efforts this year to rid itself of a strong addiction to coal in a bid to reduce damaging pollution as well as cut the energy intensity of its economy, which is expected to grow at its lowest rate in 25 years.
Ireland's government expects International Consolidated Airlines Group (ICAG.L) (IAG) to make a further offer to convince it to sell its 25 percent stake in Aer Lingus (AERL.I), Deputy Prime Minister Joan Burton said on Thursday.
Emirates [EMIRA.UL] has had extensive discussions with Airbus about the production of a revamped version of the A380 super jumbo with more efficient engines, the airline's president said on Thursday.
Citigroup (C.N) has sold its nearly 10 percent stake in Turkey's Akbank (AKBNK.IS) for $1.2 billion, the U.S. lender said on Thursday, its latest disposal of overseas assets to cut costs and boost profits.
German industrial orders fell far more than forecast in January, posting their largest drop since August, data showed on Thursday, casting a shadow over what had previously looked like a strong start to 2015 for Europe's largest economy.
Citigroup Inc had at least one advantage in its successful bid for the exclusive right to issue credit cards for Costco Wholesale Corp, rivals and tax specialists say: it lost so much money during the financial crisis that it has billions of dollars of tax credits.
AbbVie Inc (ABBV.N) is to buy Pharmacyclics Inc (PCYC.O) for about $21 billion, giving it access to what is expected to be one of the world's top-selling cancer drugs and expanding its reach in the profitable oncology field.
Asian stocks slipped on Thursday after Wall Street continued to pull back from record highs ahead of Friday's closely-watched U.S. jobs data, while the nervous euro languished at an 11-year low prior to the European Central Bank's policy meeting.
It is too early to discuss a third bailout package for Greece, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said on Wednesday, stressing the focus of talks with Athens was implementing measures already agreed with the euro zone.
China's defense budget this year will rise about 10 percent compared with 2014, a top government official said on Wednesday, outpacing the slowing economy as the country ramps up investment in high-tech equipment such as submarines and stealth jets.
The Federal Reserve should wait until next year before raising interest rates or risk undermining the very recovery it has helped engineer, a top U.S. central banker said on Wednesday.
- Malaysia's 1MDB to be dismantled under debt plan - sources
- HBO in talks with Apple to launch video streaming service: report
- IBM buys AlchemyAPI to boost Watson computing unit
- Holcim may offer sweetener to sway investors on Lafarge deal: paper
- Costco ties up with Citigroup, Visa for U.S. co-branded cards
- RWE closes $5.7 billion DEA sale to Russian tycoon
- Snapchat seeks new funding at up to $19 billion valuation: Bloomberg
- IMF grants $100 million debt relief to Ebola-hit countries
- Gates, UK take lead in $7.5 billion pledge for children's vaccines
- Gates foundation sees huge gains against disease, poverty by 2030
- SpaceX raises $1 billion in funding from Google, Fidelity
- China's Xiaomi raises $1.1 billion from investors at $45 billion valuation
- Apple exploring settlement with electric car battery maker
- SEC warns pharma companies to be honest about FDA correspondence
- China imposes trade restrictions on Canadian beef
- Obama struggles with Wall Street to woo Democrats over broker rules
- Tougher Internet rules to hit cable, telecoms companies
- Toyota calls union pay demands impossible; talks outcome key for Abenomics
- U.S. economist Ross wins Deutsche prize for pricing models
- Top 3 Bitcoin Giants 2015: Apple, Google, Samsung to launch projects amid terrorism
- Illuminati Strengthens as Devil Horns Invade Pop Music in Grammys, Super Bowl XLIX: Oscars to be Conquered Next?
- President Obama Lays Out Plans in State of the Union Speech; Zero Community College Cost, To Implement Middle-Class Economics
- Arab woman aims to blaze a trail in Israel's high-tech sector
- Amazon workers strike in Germany as Christmas orders peak
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Costco ties up with Citigroup, Visa for U.S. co-branded cards
- Bayer crown prince vows independence for diversified drugmaker
- Herbalife cuts pay of CEO Johnson 36 percent after missed targets
- IEX hires ex-NYSE regulator as it readies to be a stock exchange
- Soft U.S. data hints at near-term hiccup in economic growth
- Qatar Airways interested in more airline stakes
- Volkswagen to announce $1 billion investment in Mexico: source
- Oil falls in volatile trade on supply worries, dollar and Iran