If India's competition regulator finds Google guilty of abusing its dominant position in search in the country, it could face a fine up to $5 billion in penalties, TechCrunch reported.
Classified Ventures is now exploring a potential sale of Cars.com and is already working with Moelis & Co on the matter, a source interviewed by Bloomberg said.
- Venture capitalists still betting on travel tech
- Mobilizing money from Wealthy Families in Peru & Latin America And Why Family money is Not Angel money—Day #3 in Lima, Peru
- Catching Money in Latin America—Day #2 in Lima, Peru
- Brazil faces 70 percent fall in fundraising from investors over two year period
It could take the French competition authority nine months to evaluate the possible takeover of Vivendi's SFR by Bouygues or Numericable for antitrust issues, Reuters reported.
China's regulators have already given their assent for the creation of an international trading center in the free trade zone in Shanghai, Reuters reported citing the bourse's Chairman Gui Minjie.
Johannesburg, South Africa-based banking network Nedbank Capital is looking for new mining investment destinations in Africa, aside from gold explorations in Tanzania, Ghana, and Burkina Faso.
The shuttering of Mt. Gox did not only showcase the dangers of the crytocurrency, it also unnerved the more nascent Bitcoin derivatives market, Bloomberg reported.
Singapore-based online car rental website received $790,000 in its Series A funding round from Insas Berhad, an investment holding firm based in Malaysia, TechCrunch reported.
Pinterest has published its transparency report on the number of requests it got from government agencies for user data from July to December last year, VentureBeat reported.
Tencent Holdings will be acquiring a 15% stake in JD.com in a $214.7 million deal to provide a stronger platform that will rival Alibaba Group Holdings in the space, Bloomberg reported.
The console market is apparently facing a substantial decline based on North American console sales from January 2007 and that of January 2014, TechCrunch reported.
Venture capitalists are putting their support on travel tech startups that seek to enhance the travel experience of consumers even with the popularity of travel booking platforms, TechCrunch reported.
LA Fitness Group will be selling 33 of its 80 gyms in the UK and Ireland as part of debt-reduction strategy. It had also signed company voluntary arrangements to help reduce its rent, Bloomberg reported.
Veteran investment banker Cecile Houlot-Hillary of Morgan Stanley said women coming from their maternity leaves should be given mentoring when they return to the workforce, Reuters reported.
Tencent Holdings, the biggest Internet company in China, could get a 16% stake in online retailer JD.com, according to a Chinese business newspaper, Reuters reported.
For investment banker Natalie Blyth, the bees gave her a business model to follow and teaches her lessons about "risk, efficiency and productivity," Reuters reported.
The loan-based crowdfuning sector of the UK will be subject to stricter regulations by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority to safeguard the interests of investors and make it more transparent, the Yorkshire Post reported.
Ranbaxy Laboratories has recalled 64,000 bottles of its generic version of Lipitor in the US after a 20-milligram tablet was found in a bottle for 10-milligrams, Reuters reported.
New York, US-based scrap metal processor and recycler Upstate Shredding snapped up Irving-based rival Brant Auto Parts for an undisclosed amount in an all-cash deal.
Jesse Litvak, a former Jefferies & Co Managing Director, was convicted of defrauding buyers in a criminal case connected to the US government's Troubled Asset Relief Program, Bloomberg reported.
Alabama, US-based banking firm Bay Bank has been bought by Hattiesburg-based firm The First Bancshares Inc in a merger deal worth $6.6 million in combined cash and stock.
Englewood, New Jersey-based paint retailer Eagle Paint and Wallpaper Inc bought troubled Paramus-based rival Norton Paint for an undisclosed sum to gain traction over rivals in the paint industry.
Virginia, US-based furniture rental firm CORT Business Services bought Mountlake Terrace, Washington-based events planning firm AA Party Rentals for an undisclosed amount to expand its product offering.
- BlackBerry sells Texas campus to Brookfield
- Norwest Venture takes controlling stake in NY-based firm iCardiac
- US-based software firm nabs $10M in Series A funding from Siemens
- San Francisco-based mobile app Secret to raise $10M in venture capital
- San Francisco startup Spellgun launches to bring Western mobile games to China
- LiveNation Labs adds US social search startup YourTrove to deliver improved concert experience
- London music app Shazam confirms rumored $20M funding round
- Optio Labs bags $10M in Series A round
- New York startup school General Assembly scores $35M in funding
- Angel Academe makes first investment in seed round of UK-based Buddybounce
- Greece-based Workable secures $1.5M in round led by Greylock IL
- American electric bike firm Brammo lands $9.5M in Series D funding
- FAA appeals NTSB judge's decision on legality of commercial drones
- Turkey may ban Facebook and YouTube over alleged corruption leaks
- Federal judge rules in favor of commercial drones
- Japan decides not to regulate Bitcoin transactions
- Japan to frame bitcoin rules after Mt. Gox collapse
- UK advisor Patrick Rock arrested over child porn allegations
- Bitcoin founder Satoshi Nakamoto story 'strongly' supported by Newsweek
- Google's Eric Schmidt proposes three solutions to inequality in democracies
- Pimco's Bill Gross: "I'm so sick of Mohamed trying to undermine me" but Pimco denies statement
- Warburg-Pincus Senior Adviser Bill Janeway says venture capital industry is contracting
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc Global Head of Equity Sales Gaglioti to retire
- Warren Buffet's uncertainty over succession plans worries investors
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Classified Ventures said to work with Moelis & Co for Cars.com website sale
- LA Fitness Group looks to divest 33 of 80 gyms to reduce debt
- Swander Pace Capital exits Pineridge Bakery to ARYZTA AG
- Morgan Stanley veteran investment banker Cecile Houlot-Hillary urges mentoring for women coming from maternity leave
- Venture capitalists still betting on travel tech
- Arsenal Capital Partners acquires Kel-Tech for undisclosed amount
- Console market faces contraction
- Lighter Capital provides $1M growth funding to CloudBilt, Resident Research and SalesReach Software