Home genetics startup 23andMe has secured a $1.4 million two-year grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to build survey tools and expand its gene database.
23andMe Chief Executive Officer Anne Wojcicki defended her company's genetic testing product and stands by the data on the accuracy of their results after the public warning letter issued by the US Food and Drug Administration.
Russian millionaire and entrepreneur Yuri Milner recently led a Series B funding round for genetics upstart GenapSys for the commercialization of the company's genome-sequencing platform.
The personal genomic and biotechnology corporation in the US would target people's DNA by selling their genetic information for US$99.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia